Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Recycle ECU for emissions?

464 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·
Well, I went to get my emissions test today and it turned out that they "couldn't read my ECU because it had been recently reset."

Evidently I needed to put some miles on it for it to "recycle" and pick up the data that they needed such as O2 sensors, cat data, etc. So I drove it around a bit, came back, like they told me to, and still they couldn't read it.

I had some work done to fix my Air Bag light recently. Other than that, idk what the problem is. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Help is very much appreciated, as I'd like to get my car through emissions.

#2 ·
umm i think u have to drive like 200 - 300 miles from what i understand. your ECU has to go through several checks but some1 emission certified can answer better, i just know because my brother is. THis is what reseting when a CEL comes on is pointless. If you have a CEL and reset it will come back once your ECU runs it cycle. Just finish out the week driving and u should be good to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.