Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked and asked, and now I am down to two. Here is a link to what I believe is the right transmission fluid for a 6 speed from Amsoil. I am waiting on a call back to see how much the Amsoil is going to cost locally as compared straight from Amsoil, which is just under $40 shipped for 3 quarts. I also found the Redline MT-90 (which I believe is the right one) on Jegs for also just under $40, but it is shipped 1 - 2 day for free. I can't find this locally, so it would be mail order only and that is not a bad price after looking around, especially with the fast shipping! Now my question is, which one is the better of the two, and I don't want to hear about other brands, these are the two most used and seem to have the best results. LMK what you think and how well which one has done the best for you. I read somewhere that someone went from the Amsoil to the Redline and said it was even better, so I am leaning more towards it. TIA

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dude.

Over the last year i've been runing the redline 75-90.Ns with no problems the ns did help reduced my wheel spin and seems to help in a smoother shift even with my ARK STS 6 and Kartboy Bushings. Here in columbia s.c. we can get it for $10.00 a quart from CPR Racing in west columbia.
Just my 2.cents

I also run redline water wetter and redline S1 Fuel System Cleaner and 10w-30.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the info. Saves me some time on researching... I am due as well. Is the savings big compared to Autozone, etc.? Do they even sell these lubes?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of the Autoparts stores I checked can get the Redline, only Amsoil! I was told though to use the MT, the others would be to harsh for the syncro's and the one you mentioned it is for GL-5, and I am suppose to use GL-4. And I was told that GL-5 is not okay to use in a GL-4 required transmission!?!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did some more searching and reading, and it seems to pretty much be a tie between the two, so I just went with the Redline MT-90. I had other forums that raved it, and I am sure they are both about equal, but I saved a few bucks, and it will be here on Friday! Doing a oil change, strut/spring install, and now a transmission fluid change all over the next few days, man I am going to be busy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts