Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so you all saw the c/f headlights i just finished. Well ill be getting the money in the next few days to redo all the lights. Right now i have blue fog light covers from staw and i love em, But i was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction with colors. I know i want to get hids in the front. but what temp? and what should i do about the foglights? the tiny small lights? , My high beams? my blinkers? dont worry about the police becuase ive had blue blinkers before for a while and i was never bothered, and ive never been bothered for the fog lights either. ALL bulbs in the headlights. Help me out !!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I agree.....Super white.

Yesterday, I finally installed my XD5 bulbs in my headlights (low and high) and replaced the city lights with 194 super white bulbs............Looks really sharp. I have had them since October and never installed them. I now have to get a pair for my foglight bulbs. I had some yellow bulbs in the fogs and they were cheap...burned out after a month and then I bought Silverstar Ultra's.

I also took off my chrome tails and put the stock ones back on with the red-outs............looks really sweet!!!! :3_yes:

Ok.....actually, I didn't install them...............don't have the tools........a friend did them..........Now I only need to clear out my corners and have them painted...........Anybody live in Central, Southern NJ who would want to do them for me and the cost????????????? LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as HIDs go, (this may come as a surprise) it all depends on the look you're going for! If it is indeed the look you're going for then it becomes rather easy. The higher the temp, the more coloured the light output becomes. Well, except for 3000K which is yellow. I believe 10 - 12K becomes purplish. Just remember that the higher the temp, the less lumens = less light output.

If you are running blue, mayble 8000K is best. If you want to see a bit better with a bit of blue in the lights, 6000K.

Hope that helps, although I realize it is less than groundbreaking information... :3_bier:

·
Registered
17,754 Posts
well when you clear corner the tib, you need amber bulbs. the stock ones are just white. and instread of buying amber bulbs which would not match the clear coner, you can get the chrome bulbs that light up amber(apc titans, or the slyvania)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
oh i see.. well on my car the bulbs are amber colored and i can see the reflection of the bulb.. so i was thinkin of gettin the chromed one so you cant really tell... lol

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I would say to go with 8000K HID's. You could get the same for the fogs, and get some "HID look" bulbs for the city lights along with chrome for the corners. However, I have had both HID's in 6000K and 8000K and there is a difference in how "bright" they are. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the 8000K alot, but they are easily not as bright as the 6000K will be.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say to go with 8000K HID's. You could get the same for the fogs, and get some "HID look" bulbs for the city lights along with chrome for the corners. However, I have had both HID's in 6000K and 8000K and there is a difference in how "bright" they are. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the 8000K alot, but they are easily not as bright as the 6000K will be.
does that mean i would need 2 hid kits b/c of the fog lights as well?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.