Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my last thread about how long the stock batteries last may have jinxed something. My car took like 5 seconds to turn over this morning and I'm worried that my battery is on its way out. I'd rather replace it and be safe than sorry so I don't get stranded anywhere. Plus, I've been wanting to get a redtop anyways for my very mediocre system and something reliable for my alarm.

I'm having trouble finding what model number I need. Yes, I've searched. But I've found like 3 or 4 model numbers given, something like 34, 35/75, 35, etc. Exactly which model do I need so I can go to AutoZone, O'Reilly, or (ugh) Wal-Mart and get the battery? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedTibby04 said:
Searchy searchy...the number is:

34/78....however, there are several different kinds that will work, they just vary in amperage. I just bought a smaller yellow top off of ebay for 80 dollars.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171

OK, thats what confused me, I saw a shitton of different model numbers thrown around.

Anyone know if AutoJoke carries this model?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
I think Advance Auto parts, may carry Optima. They all have their own versions of "Yellow Tops".

I am not positive on who has Optima though.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RedTibby04 said:
I think Advance Auto parts, may carry Optima. They all have their own versions of "Yellow Tops".

I am not positive on who has Optima though.

About 100 miles away from Advance. Here in this crappy little town, we have AutoJoke, O'Reilly, and the Missouri redneck's #1 choice for all of their automotive shopping, Wal-Mart :p

Anyways, I'll call around or something. It looks like they're about $120 online, but I imagine it's going to cost an assload to ship them, I might as well buy locally.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
So I know the optima's are good batteries... i have a stock one still but i'm upgrading my sound system, what kind of watts can i run before i really need to think about a better battery and even maybe a cap?

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Additionally, some people are using the Optima Red Top 75/35 instead of the 34/78 it seems and they are geting good results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts