Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 2.0L 5-spd Tidal Wave Blue

So I’ve done some smaller things already and I’m getting ready to do more. I thought I should finally start a profile thread to track changes and maybe get some constructive feedback. Been lurking and searching for a long time.

Just raided the fun fund, so more pictures and updates to come in the next few weeks. Some phone pics for now.

Most recently installed ARK DT-S Burnt Tip. Video below. Sounds OK for Oem manifolds and cats yet.

Album

Update: 9-16-12

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Already installed to date at 28K miles (no particular order):
-Fujita CAI
-TWM STS and A6 Leopard weighted knob
-Kartboy urethane shift linkage bushings
-DC Sports front and rear strut bars
-Magnetic drain plugs and generator magnets on oil filter
-Perrin shorty antenna
-Ripp Mods front full poly insert – since removed, too much vibration for DD
-Catch Can
-Slave cyl valve removal and ss speed bleeder
-TCS button garage door opener
-Additional ground wires
-NGK Iridium IX plugs
-Magnacore competition ignition wires
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since creation of profile thread:
-ARK DT-S V2 cat back, installed 7-14-11
-YaYa poly mounts, installed 7-26-11
-Niteshaded tails, installed 7-27-11
-SFR Torque Damper, installed 8-3-11
-NIA Eyelids, installed 12-10-11
-GT Wing mounts, installed 12-10-11 finished 12-29-11
-SFR 4-2-1 header and Race cat, installed 12-29-11
-TWM bronzoil shift cable inserts, installed
-CCFL Trunk lighting-removed
-Enkei RPF1's 18x7.5 with 225/40-18 General Exclaim UHP's and Blox lugs, installed 8-29-12
-UR Interior Room Bar, installed 9-10-12
-NIA Keyhole covers, installed 9-15-12
-UR 23mm Rear Sway bar, installed 10-5-12
-SMD Trunk lights, installed 9-8-13
-Vibrant Performance velocity stack and filter, installed 9-8-13
-TB coolant bypass, 7-7-14
-Replace DCsports front bar with soulsport bar, 7-7-14
-Reko streamlined TB, 7-22-14

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Current/In Progress:
-ARK Megaforce pulley set
-Ebay front lip
-Custom Phenolic intake spacer
-Custom machined oem TB
-XG350 BBK with stainless hoses and speed bleeders, G2 painted calipers
-Engine bay plastics
-Anytime fog lights
-Center high mount brake light
-Eibach front 26mm sway bar
-ARK DT-P coilovers
-Moog end links
-Ingalls Smart Arms
-SS Braided clutch hose
-AIRRAM IM and Atelier BBTB and phenolic TB spacer/adaptor plate
-UR 4-point lower brace and rear suspension brace
-APE traction bars
-Poly bushing kit for suspension
-Modified Elantra manual trans
-Upsized injectors for NA
-Koyo aluminum performance radiator
-Innovate wideband o2
-e-pod gauge mounts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Future mods/upgrades: - more detail will be added as I make decisions and complete my research or sales come up. Feel free to pm offers if you happen to be selling any of these items.

-CF hood-still can’t decide which one yet, to buy new that is. tried to buy used, but nobody wants to ship. VIS Cyber or Invader?
-f/l headlights
-Fuel system upgrade: pump, fpr, beefier fuel rail that can hold fpr
-Side skirts and rear bumper or full body kit-again can’t seem to decide
-Bigger BBK
-Front frame brace from IS
-ARK Chromoly flywheel (purchased) -need mating clutch
-SPEC stage 2 clutch? or centerforce
-Seats and harnesses
-MS3X!- still reading and learning the details
-window tinting, 35%?
-Oil pressure, vacuum gauges
-LSD-quaife
-CF hatch?

*I do actually realize that I may never get around to all of these or even develop enough power to need some of the above items. This is primarily a list of what I have to look forward too.*

Possibly FI pending a windfall of cash and time.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next major install: System Upgrade header...just waiting for race cat to arrive.

Before ceramic coating:

After:

·
Registered
789 Posts
tails on the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;) nice exhaust im buying an older ARK for 450 !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It was my DD for the first 4 years before I had a garage. I park it for the winters but still drive it during the summer. The WI winters have left their mark on the underside. I didn't really take many pictures of it when it was new and the ones I remember taking are hiding on a back-up disk somewhere as I've change computers since then.

No major scratches and one small ding. Just under the drivers side door handle, compliments of the local Hyundai dealership. Took it in for warranty replacement of rear calipers that froze, got it back plus one ding that I see every time I open the driver door! More pictures to come once I get a chance to spend a day detailing it and lots more parts to install.

Tiny garage. Keep forgeting to take night picture with the light on, it looks sweet then.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ride looks good and I want that exhaust! keep up the good work. Wondering, when did you get your kartboy shifter linkage bushings? Did you find ones for the tiburon or did you order ones for the evo?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tails on the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;) nice exhaust im buying an older ARK for 450 !!!!!!!!!
Can't wait!!! Gonna look sweet with the blue. I think. The ARK exhaust certainly won't disappoint, quality system, I think that's a pretty good deal too.

ride looks good and I want that exhaust! keep up the good work. Wondering, when did you get your kartboy shifter linkage bushings? Did you find ones for the tiburon or did you order ones for the evo?
I think back in '06. Pretty sure they were for the EVO. I'm upgrading to the brass TWM bushing now. The center of the big bushing is looking a tad oblong. I'm thinking the additional rigidness and weight will compliment my existing TWM hardware. Love to shift!

·
Registered
692 Posts
nice tib man. you should come out to hwy 100 some weekend. we have a couple tib guys who come out regularly.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice tib man. you should come out to hwy 100 some weekend. we have a couple tib guys who come out regularly.
It's been a long time since I've cruised hwy100. I heard the solid gold McD's shutdown.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Some mini installs to do while I wait for the race cat.

TWM shift linkage bushings

Poly Roll Stoppers

SFR Torque Damper

Niteshaded Tails

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great choice on the exhaust, tips look great! Good luck modding.
tib looks.clean and nice...love the exhaust to
Wow great looking Tiburon. Very clean, I am impressed for an 04. Are there any rust spots or major/minor dents or scratches? Pics.
That is clean for an 04
Thank you for the compliments. I guess all the hours of washing and detailing have been worthwhile.

When it's not so stupidly hot I'll take it out with a better camera

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's been a long time since I've cruised hwy100. I heard the solid gold McD's shutdown.
Yea you should just come check it out sometime. We mainly end up just chilling with people the whole time anyway. They did, idk why but they built a new mcd where solid gold was.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Niteshaded tails and poly mounts installed.

A better tails pic

Front mount:

Rear mount:

The rear mount really helped with reducing the shaking caused by just having the front poly installed. While the vibrations have been reduced, it's still really annoying to sit at a light and idle. So we'll see how the SFR torque damper handles that.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts