Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get a remote control that will open a trunk in 03 Tiburon. I've installed a rearview camera in a keyhole, and now every time I need to open the trunk, i have to use the switch inside.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey .. it can be done.. if there are 3 buttons on the remote;; 1 will open door, 1 will close, and the last one which is free can be connected to basically anything from the trunk, to just flashing headlight, or hazards, or horn ... and i have done it on my car but i gotta keep pressing it for like 3 seconds to open it !

·
Registered
558 Posts
you should make a diy for it =]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only got 2 buttons on my remote (lock/unlock)
Is there a new remote for newer tibbys, and will it work with '03?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i bought an aftermarket alarm and had them install a trunk switch, works pretty good and is very useful

·
Registered
647 Posts
yea i got a trunk popper to on my viper alarm. works really well. i deactivated my inside switch so people cant get in the trunk without the key or the alarm remote

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i have an aftermarket alarm and open the trunk from the button

·
Registered
70 Posts
byron said:
you should make a diy for it =]
well as the guyz said go for an after market alarm.. they are usually cooler and much more features. My friend baught one a few yrs ago , it did not only havea key, but also a card like a credit card, get it near the car and the doors open opens, and a few feet and it closes... or u could use the remote

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
camera in the keyhole? i could use one of those :D

yea, my 04 keyring only has 2 buttons.. >_>

·
Registered
356 Posts
well as the guyz said go for an after market alarm.. they are usually cooler and much more features. My friend baught one a few yrs ago , it did not only havea key, but also a card like a credit card, get it near the car and the doors open opens, and a few feet and it closes... or u could use the remote
Does anyone know where to get a system like the one described above? One that uses some kind of wireless frequency (i.e. credit card sized entry card) to lock/unlock the doors without pressing any buttons? Or does anyone have a manufacturer name? Lexus, Mercedes and other luxury brands offer these on their cars, but I have not found any aftermarket system like it...

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
My FOB's AUX key pops my trunk, but I've got a Viper alarm system installed.

nOTricKz said:
Does anyone know where to get a system like the one described above? One that uses some kind of wireless frequency (i.e. credit card sized entry card) to lock/unlock the doors without pressing any buttons? Or does anyone have a manufacturer name? Lexus, Mercedes and other luxury brands offer these on their cars, but I have not found any aftermarket system like it...

He's talking about a proximity-key alarm system. They're usually quite expensive. You can always check ebay for manufacturer names, then search around in your area for retailers.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I got one of those nifty 2 way setups. I like it alot.. but you can pop the trunk with that.

·
Registered
356 Posts
He's talking about a proximity-key alarm system. They're usually quite expensive. You can always check ebay for manufacturer names, then search around in your area for retailers.
I tried looking for such a system all over the internet incl. ebay, but just have not found any. I probably am just using the wrong search terms. I tried "keyless, remote, card, proximity, alarm,..." any idea what I NEED to be looking for?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I tried looking for such a system all over the internet incl. ebay, but just have not found any. I probably am just using the wrong search terms. I tried "keyless, remote, card, proximity, alarm,..." any idea what I NEED to be looking for?
anybody got an idea...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts