Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote door locks quit working and i have only had the car 4 months, anyone else experience this? could it be a low battery? i push the buttons and the light flashes rapidly
, i have also experienced intermittentcy in the remotes, like it will work then the next moment it wont work unless i slap the remote against my hand. Any help would be appreciated thx :3_chubby:

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
The lock actuators, window motors and sunroof motor blowing are the most common problems in the Tib.

Take it to the dealer, and get them replaced.

OR just check your FOB battery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
My remote door locks quit working and i have only had the car 4 months, anyone else experience this? could it be a low battery? i push the buttons and the light flashes rapidly
, i have also experienced intermittentcy in the remotes, like it will work then the next moment it wont work unless i slap the remote against my hand. Any help would be appreciated thx :3_chubby:
I had a problem almost like that with my new car, which is now 5 or 6 months old. But it was only retarted with my passanger door. As my driver door would unlock, the passenger would get stuck in lock. Then I had to go to some weird method with using the unlock button, then my key to unlock the door. But when I took it to the car dealership where I got it from and told them my passanger door is retarted, they fixed it and said that my door actuator was messed up. o_O Maybe we don't have the same problem...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
krayzedpinoy said:
I had a problem almost like that with my new car, which is now 5 or 6 months old. But it was only retarted with my passanger door. As my driver door would unlock, the passenger would get stuck in lock. Then I had to go to some weird method with using the unlock button, then my key to unlock the door. But when I took it to the car dealership where I got it from and told them my passanger door is retarted, they fixed it and said that my door actuator was messed up. o_O Maybe we don't have the same problem...
well the lights dont even flash when i click the remote, sucks i dont want to drop my car off lol i have a hyundai meet to go to this weekend

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
well the lights dont even flash when i click the remote, sucks i dont want to drop my car off lol i have a hyundai meet to go to this weekend
Did you check your FOB's battery?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea i have two sets of keys and the spares remote battery went dead and was doing the same thing. Now my main ones are doing the same thing. I got stuck outside after work last week for about 30min till it finally decided to unlock. Im just to lazy to get another battery

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
If it happened with your frist remote and you were able to use the second one you had, then obviously you need a new battery. It takes all of 10 seconds to install one. If that doesn't work, then your door actuator is going out and will have to be replaced (happend to me).

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
stiles88 said:
lol that's just too funny...
not as funny that he got stuck outside for 30 minutes because his remote wouldn't work... last time I tried, the key opened the door and that takes like 1second... kind of like that blondstar commercial

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
UnHolyTib said:
not as funny that he got stuck outside for 30 minutes because his remote wouldn't work... last time I tried, the key opened the door and that takes like 1second... kind of like that blondstar commercial

mwhahaha i didn't even think of that...its been so long since i've used a key myself lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
UnHolyTib said:
Well even if he got in the car, the alarm would go off and the car wouldn't start. There's a way to manually disengage the alarm, the dealer even showed me once, but I don't remember it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, that is true the alarm will go off. I had that happen to me a couple of times before I got my actuator replaced. I would lock the door manually from the inside and close the door, then I would hit the lock button to set the alarm. Of course if you don't unlock it with the fob the alarm will go off and everyone looks at you like a j[email protected]

EDIT: WTF? We can't say "[email protected]" with out the edit?!!?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
UnHolyTib said:
Unless he locked it with the remote... then using the key for some stupid hyundai reason sets off the alarm and the car wont start..

My fobs dont work, the little metal piece that connects the battery to the circuit board is broke. My dealer "Fixed" it and charged me $20, when all they did is replace the batter and not fix the fob itself... You might want to check that out. Until then lock the car from the inside when you get out, this doesnt set the alarm but the car stays locked and you can unlock your car using the key...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
neither of the remotes work, and its not the batterys...sigh ****in hyundai top 3 in quality my *** lol i got the one they had the most problems with

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car's an '06 also...the alarm dosn't go off when I use to key to open it, and the remote to lock it ... ^_^

...I was locked out of my car for awhile also, because I mistaken a flashlight for my keys, and locked my keys in my trunk while I had the flashlight in my hand thinking it were my keys.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
when you try to lock it, what does it do? does it NOT flash?

If its NOT flashing then one of your doors/hatch or hood is not shut. You might have a stopper missing on your hood. You can open the hood, unplug the switch, and try to lock it. It should flash.

It will usually allways flash when you unlock it though.

So what is it doing?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I brought mine to the dealer to change the fob battery and they broke it in front of me then denied it..... I am now going to small claims court for it.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts