Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remote Start and Alarm for your Manual/Auto Tib $115 shipped

Excalibur AL-1810-EDP $135 shipped (bypass is available for any car if needed just ask and I'll get you a price) :3_koning:

Full range of accessories can be used with alarm! Window Roll Up/Down/Spacial Sensors :3_winkthu

Long Range 2-Way Remote Start, Keyless Entry & Security With Data Port Plug-in.
• More Features And Benefits
• Window mount antenna for extended operating range
• Includes 4-button 1-way transmitter
• Active or passive operation
• 2 digit pin code override
• AU-84Tn magnetic dual zone impact sensor included
• Starter interrupt included
• 1 dual zone sensor port onboard
• Ignition activated doorlocks
• Up to 4 Aux. outputs (2 dedicated, 2 programmable)
• Anti-carjacking protection
• Domelight supervision output
• Includes AU-76M 6-tone siren
• 5 Onboard Relays
• 4 Dedicated Remote Start Relays
• 1 Programmable Relay
• 2 Program-mable Outputs
• Horn & Siren Outputs
• Positive & Negative Light Outputs
• Industry Standard Wire Colors
• Data port for direct plug-in to OmegaLink & IntelliKit interface modules
• Now with 4th and 5th Auxillary Channel Capability
• On demand low voltage auto start when car battery reaches below 11 volts
• Turbo Timer now selectable for 1, 2, or 3 minute run time - Good for all the turbo Tib's...no need for an external Turbo Timer.

This is an awesome alarm. It is what I run on my Tib! Add a relay and program it for Manual mode and you can have remote start that is SAFE. Questions on how this works just email or PM me.

EXTRAS/UPGRADES

Glass break sensor = $24

Spacial Disturbance Detector = $39 (detects if someone gets to close)

Interior Siren = $14 (designed to give someone under the dash a headache. It also is louder then the relays so someone will not be able to easily locate the brain of the alarm)

MINI 25 WATT PSYCHO SIREN = $20 (just an extra siren for under dash or you can run wire and have it aiming out by the trunk helps a TON with the amount of noise the car generates)

You need to remember EVERYONE has an alarm....it's your job to make yours sound different enough to actually attract attention!!!

Air Horns = $65 to $185

Two window up OR down = $25 per way

Four window kit = $30 per way (a four window kit can also be used to make the sunroof open/close)

If you want something else to happen let me know....I'll see if I can make it happen! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
723 Posts
If I didn't have an alarm, I'd be all over this. G/l with the sale

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also I forgot to mention. I will include the wiring diagram for free of course!

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
how about for a crapcent?

·
Banned
144 Posts
Any install pictures or video on this in action? Seems like it is cheap, but this technology has been out for a while so I could understand this price if it is indeed a quality product.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like it is cheap
Because I'm not makin any MONEY. Omega makes a very quality product. When installed at a dealer it has a lifetime warranty...

One of the nice features they have is that the LEDs and Valet switch are integrated into the antenna. One less thing to install!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSlu96NgYwk[/MEDIA]

·
Banned
144 Posts
What kind of alarm does this incorporate? I wasn't implying it was a "cheap" product, I was just unaware of the price range this technology is at. My pops bought my ma one a few years back and it was 500 dollars for just a remote starter for an auto.

Also what is the range on the remote start?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of alarm does this incorporate? I wasn't implying it was a "cheap" product, I was just unaware of the price range this technology is at. My pops bought my ma one a few years back and it was 500 dollars for just a remote starter for an auto.

Also what is the range on the remote start?

Thanks
I know you weren't implying it was cheap, I was just stating why it's so low. When you are buying a remote start system most of the price tag is....LABOR. I'm going to bet that the $500 he paid was to have the unit installed. I really am making slim to nothing on selling this unit. It's more of a thanks for having me to the site. These won't be what they are for a super long time, just till the end of the month of Feb.

The alarm will monitor Trunk/Hood/Doors as well as a shock sensor. That is whats included in the box. I have add-on modules as well. If you want I have the spacial sensor you can add to the shock sensor. Nice thing about a spacial sensor is you can set the warning chirp to go off when someone presses their face up to your window! The bad thing is that weather affects them so every 6 months or so you have to adjust them with temp changes (at least here in MO you have to). It really is a full feature alarm that can do pretty much whatever you need.

As far as range goes. I've gotten just over a 1/4 mile range. I haven't tested it past that. :3_winkthu

·
Banned
144 Posts
The alarm will monitor Trunk/Hood/Doors as well as a shock sensor.

As far as range goes. I've gotten just over a 1/4 mile range. I haven't tested it past that. :3_winkthu
Hate to be a stickler, but I can't find any reviews for this product and was wondering if you could add these points to your video.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, and if the alarm is activated, is your key fob alerted?
Yes, the remote is 2-way so anything that happens on the car is confirmed on the remote! I will demo the shock sensor/door here a little later. My hood/trunk I have not hooked up yet (it's still really cold here). When I installed this I mainly just wanted the remote start going for heat lol.

The alarm comes with one 2-way and one 1-way remote.

One nice feature of this alarm is that it will notify you for....I think 48 hours. If there is every a new remote programmed.

Why is this useful? Should you ever get work done on your car and they happen to have a remote and someone wants access all they have to do is have the alarm brain learn your remote....Giving them access to your car. With this alarm it will chirp differently anytime you get to your car for 2 days telling you a remote was trained to the car. Letting you know all you need to do is learn your remotes and wipe out whatever had been tampered with.

Today is rather cold, but I'll try to get a video for you by tonight.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ5l8ixLG44[/MEDIA]

Also the high pitched fast siren you hear when I open my door is called a Mini Piezo Siren. They are designed for two reasons.

First they make it hard to hear the clicking of the alarm. This makes it harder to find the alarm brain and rip it out so it doesn't work.

Second it is designed to give you a headache quickly. Makes you not want to be in the car with one or two of those BLARING in your ear!

$20 add on to any alarm.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
who the **** neg repped me? i simply asked if this was available for my crapcent. but **** it, ill go buy it else where

·
Registered
9 Posts
interested in the alarm and remote start system great deal on it but i would also like to add the window senors as well would like some prices on them ........

·
Registered
448 Posts
im definitely looking into getting a remote start with an alarm
im tired of the stock alarm

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
i want this. please keep this price for alittle while so i can get some money!!!!!!!! i swears i'll buy it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how does remote start work with manuals?
Watch the first video I go through the process briefly in that vid.

Basically though you have to go through a sequence each time you exit the car to enable remote start for the next time.

If you don't follow the sequence then the remote start brain considers remote starting not safe and shuts it off until you get in next time and tell it that it's safe.

Basically it's an extra step but you don't have to worry about a run away tib since it's safe for a stick!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
This price is available only up till yesterday :D?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts