Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
well i recently bought LED lights for my reverse light and led light for my license plate light (Night pictures coming soon). So in the process i was wondering how to take off the tail lights, thats were i notice there were none online so i decided to do find out myself Here are the pictures and steps on

HOW TO REMOVE YOUR TAIL LIGHTS!!!

Take off these 3 screws

Where it says twist and remove that's where you take off the reverse light and replace it with the led light that IF your changing you reverse light if not u don't have to worry about that. And to push out the black thing you have to do it from the inside of the car it's really easy you'll just think your gonna break it but your not.

Now if you have the stock sub you have to do this to get to the other light if not skip these steps

Now twist these screws and do the same as you did on the passenger side

With my 8000k H.i.D's on =D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: DIY remove tail lights 03-06

nice. i need to remove my taillights to apply my smoked vinyls so this should come in handy lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

nice. i need to remove my taillights to apply my smoked vinyls so this should come in handy lol.
hey im glad to help when i 1st looked at it i was kinda confused because i didn't want to break nothing or take off some screws i wasn't suppose too

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

thats exactly how i felt haha. i wanted to make sure im doing everything right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)

so did the install take long? any problems im pretty sure u dint run into problams seems real easy
nope the only complications i ran into was tryin to figure out HOW to do it(you dont have to worry about that because you have the steps here), but besides that all went easy SUPER easy. It's easier than changing the headlights

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Re: DIY: Remove Tail Lights 03-06

Thanks a million, cubanboy .... I just bought these very same lights and was installing them today ... then I realized I had no idea how to remove the tails! Good work ...very timely! (Plus, I'm glad you did this DIY, otherwise I'd feel bad that I didn't make one myself -- because I don't have my camera with me -- since there wasn't any other good DIY out there.)

People will say "you shouldn't need DIYs for simple stuff like that." I say, I'd love to have a DIY for anything and everything, just so you know what to expect from any job! That's why we're all here, to help each other out.

Thanks again, good work. Can't wait to get these lights in!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

Here's a day-time stock vs. LED comparison for the reverse bulbs. I ordered them from the same guy and haven't had a single problem with them (knock on wood). The reverse bulbs offer more visibility and the license plate lights just look dead sexy at night. Cheap upgrade, highly recommended.

I can post night pictures if anyone wants them, but I probably won't be able to post them until tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

One more thing to add to the DIY:

To get the bulb itself out, PUSH IT IN, twist it, then pull it out.

Don't try to yank it out, don't try to twist it out, don't try to pry anything. Push in, twist, and pull.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

hey, so im sure this is posted somewhere else, but what is the bulb size for all the tail light bulbs?

New years eve and my drivers brake light goes out. now i gotta take out the sub, so i figure upgrade to LED time.

i may also check out the sub woofer mod to make it louder. as long as its out right?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

Thanks for this DIY. i underestimated how much of pain the a$$ getting the drivers side out was.

could they not put the gold bolts/nuts in a easier location?

out of the 6 vehicles ive ever replaced headlights/tailights/intierior lights, this one was frustrated me the most.

·
Registered
235 Posts

wow awesome nice job

1 - 20 of 52 Posts