Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 06 GS that came with a Kenwood CD/Mp3 head unit and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the entire head unit so that I can access the rca jacks in the back. Unfortunately I don't have the model number handy. I read on another thread something about removing the silver bezel in the ash tray, but there is nothing silver in or anywhere around my ash tray. I do however have a piece of plastic below the head unit that says Tiburon (where the multi gauge would be if it was an overseas model). If I just pry this off will I be able to access the back of the head unit? Does it pop back on?

·
Registered
201 Posts
IIR, the bezel around the head unit/ashtray is mounted with pressure tabs, and there might be a couple of screws behind the ashtray. It should pop out with a little bit of force.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MikeyC said:
IIR, the bezel around the head unit/ashtray is mounted with pressure tabs, and there might be a couple of screws behind the ashtray. It should pop out with a little bit of force.
I just pulled on the silver trim piece around the head unit and hvac units and it came up. I then just looked in the book that came with the head unit and felt where the rca jack were and hooked them up according to the diagram in the book. It worked very well and I didn't even have to remove the radio! :3_winkthu

I did this in a '05 Tiburon SE. I hope this helps, good luck!! :3_smile:

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the silver plate just pop right back on? Mine is a GS and I don't have the auto climate control so I don't know if my black piece of plastic works the same way.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The black plastic works the same way.

I recommend removing the plastic piece in the ash tray, and then lifting up on the bottom. The two tabs should pop out, and then the last four tabs going up should be a cinch. After that, I'd un-snap the top three cables, and then the h/u comes out with four screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts