Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....i folded down my rear seat backs to remove the bolts.....and HOLLLLLLYYYYYY ISHHHH

i tried removing the bolts....BUT THEY WON'T BUDGE.......trying to remove the bolt bent my damn socket a little........were anyone elses bolts this tought to remove?......does anyone have any idea how to loosen the bolts a little or anything before using the socket?.....

i'll post pics of my socket later...its bent....lol...

·
Registered
282 Posts
OK....i folded down my rear seat backs to remove the bolts.....and HOLLLLLLYYYYYY ISHHHH

i tried removing the bolts....BUT THEY WON'T BUDGE.......trying to remove the bolt bent my damn socket a little........were anyone elses bolts this tought to remove?......does anyone have any idea how to loosen the bolts a little or anything before using the socket?.....

i'll post pics of my socket later...its bent....lol...
did you ever remove it before? was it cross threaded in? If the socket is craftsman or snapon you could return it.

I think i removed all my interior bolts at least once.. i never had that issue.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no....first time i'm removing it....its the bolt that holds the back of the rear seats in....

i think it's a craftsman...i'll go there when the werather clears up..lol

so is there any tricks i could try to loosen the bolt a little before i remove it?.....that thing is DAMN tough

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
I took my back seats out too, but the bolts were torqued pretty good, but not impossible to remove (obviously).

Are they rusted or something?

Try using some WD40 on the bolt and then put your back into it.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they aren't rusted......

i'll try the WD40....didn't think of that before...i'm stupid...lol

·
Registered
972 Posts
are u turning it the right way? LMAO!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok...tried WD40...didnj't do anything....

ye........to the left.........this F'N sucks......is there anything else i could do?..........or is there a way to remove the seats without removing the back of the seats?.....

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
ok...tried WD40...didnj't do anything....

ye........to the left.........this F'N sucks......is there anything else i could do?..........or is there a way to remove the seats without removing the back of the seats?.....
Not really, you need to remove the seat backs.

Any grown man should be able to remove those bolts... Is it a matter of leverage? Try using a longer armed extension to remove the bolt to give you more leverage.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really, you need to remove the seat backs.

Any grown man should be able to remove those bolts... Is it a matter of leverage? Try using a longer armed extension to remove the bolt to give you more leverage.
its not leverage........its just that the bolts won't turn.....

they're so tight even the sprocket turned once...but the bolt didn't......and its rounding out the top of the bolt....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Try using some penetrating oil and muscle...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what you mean?..lol..

i used as much impact as i could.....and the socket bent....:3_confuse

is there another way to remove a bolt without using a sprocket?.......

·
Registered
653 Posts
that or get some "bust-a-nut". Yes, there is such a product in a can, and it's good for breaking bolts, nuts, screws, ect. Once you apply it, you have to let it sit for about 8 hours before you can pop it off. I've used this stuff on manifolds before. it works great.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet....i'm gonna go pick some up.......

would heating the bolt with a blow dryer make it let go a little?....so i can turn it?.....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
my guess is that your not finding all the bolts, or your turning them the wrong way

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when you fold the seat down///there are 2 bolts in the center...and two on the ends.......those are the ones i'm trying to remove...

heating them will loosen them correcT?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh...ok...i misunderstood u when you said impact...lol.....

1 - 20 of 107 Posts