pull with the force of god. it has plastic clips

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
2 plastic clips in the front on each side, just pull on side a time

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
No. All you have to do is apply force DIRECTLY down where the inside hinge meets the lid after you remove screws and it schould go pop!

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
OOooo cup holder install how hard is that. I hear it takes hours...

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
It doesn't take hours. It's not a fun job but it's not that hard.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Just so you guys know if it's an '05+ the glove box isn't that easy to get out. There is a wiring harness connected to the back right hand side. It's a big thick harness connected with a plastic bracket and metal ring. When I took my glove box out I managed to weaken the bracket some with a screwdriver, but I ended up just yanking the crap out of it and broke the plastic bracket. It's a real pain.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
peachferrari said:
Just so you guys know if it's an '05+ the glove box isn't that easy to get out. There is a wiring harness connected to the back right hand side. It's a big thick harness connected with a plastic bracket and metal ring. When I took my glove box out I managed to weaken the bracket some with a screwdriver, but I ended up just yanking the crap out of it and broke the plastic bracket. It's a real pain.
NO JOKE! god that thing was so annoying!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Wahooo i love all this about cup holders! ;-) In uk we get cup holder on the dash as standard! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! ;-) lol

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think I broke all of my tabs on the glovebox when I took mine out. No big deal, the screws do just fine holding it in

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
korean_evan said:
I took off all 6 screws and it seems like its still stuck? how do you get it off?
Are you taking it off in order to paint it? I was going to make a thread tonight about it, or at least search around. I don't remember if I had it out before, but I did install the cup holder. Did you get the pieces painted by a shop, or did you DIY? All mine are painted, except a few, reason for wanting to take the glove box out. And it did take me couple hours to install the cup holder, I had an impossible time getting at a few screws! ; )

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
easiest way i found to get the glovebox out...

after you've removed the screws, open the glovebox, and the give the open part a good tap in the middle, the rest of the glovebox should pop right out. easy as cake

and dont yank it out, as there is a harness connected to the glovebox light. so after you've popped it out, close the glovebox, and then slowly pull it out, you'll see the harness, disconnect it and its free.

all in all, it should take no more than 5 mins to get it out. more like 2

·
Registered
35 Posts
after you've removed the screws, open the glovebox, and the give the open part a good tap in the middle, the rest of the glovebox should pop right out. easy as cake
Yours is a 2003 I take it? Maybe they have changed the fasteners in between. I have tried unsuccessfully to remove the glove box from my 2006 several times now. Pulling it down/forward/sideways/tapping/yanking/etc to no avail...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Cross_ said:
Yours is a 2003 I take it? Maybe they have changed the fasteners in between. I have tried unsuccessfully to remove the glove box from my 2006 several times now. Pulling it down/forward/sideways/tapping/yanking/etc to no avail...
See my post above. I'm sure you have the big fat wiring harness connected to the lower right (passenger) side. It's a pain in the rear until you get it out the first time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts