Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going custom since it's a little cheaper, and im 16 so i cant afford an ARK set-up.
The Remus sounds really nice, but im not sure if it will sound good on a V6 Tiburon... Does anyone have a Remus set-up (custom or not)?
PS: I have no other engine mods.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you want it for sound or performance? A full custom catback will probably cost you more than the price of one on ebay unless you can do all the welding yourself.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why does everyone say the custom exhausts are cheaper but better than eBay ones? The welding will be done by the shop. I can spend up to, say like $300 for a custom. I don't like the sound of SSA exhausts or eBay exhausts in general, that's why I want to go custom.
I'm looking for a little performance but mostly sound

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts
Have u actually heard any exhausts on a tib in person? The only way you will spend 300 on a catback is if you go with the SSA. A GOOD custom exhaust will run you more than 300. Start saving and you will eventually have enough for ARK. Ask anybody that has an ark exhaust its def worth the wait and saving.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking of going custom since it's a little cheaper, and im 16 so i cant afford an ARK set-up.
The Remus sounds really nice, but im not sure if it will sound good on a V6 Tiburon... Does anyone have a Remus set-up (custom or not)?
PS: I have no other engine mods.

Thanks in advance
Remus is probably the best (quality/material wise) you can get, they make the exhausts for Porsche, Brabus, Pininfarina, Kleeman, Carlsson etc....basically if you can someday afford a high-end Mercedes (AMG/Brabus/Kleeman) or Porsche you will have a Remus exhaust from factory. :)

The reason people make the statements they do in this thread is either lack of knowledge about Remus or the fact that is not made in USA and therefore must be crap..:2_rolleye

The down-side of Remus is that it is usually not a complete cat-back but muffler-back, you have to go custom Remus then and it will cost you the same or even more than an ARK setup.

You can also have a look here: http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/why-remus-i-6.html

If you can get a TRUE Remus for cheap then go for it, otherwise take an Ebay exhaust or better yet - save up for the one you REALLY want (ARK). ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
The problem is you want to go custom but if you do then you will spend the money before hearing how it sounds. It could sound just like the ebay exhaust which you dont like. If you end up not liking the sound you will just have to spend more money to modify it again until you like what you hear. I suggest save for what you really want or buy what you can afford and like it :3_wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts