Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just purchased a 2007 4 cylinder 2.0 tiburon. The weld connecting the rear cat to the pipe with a flange that connects it to the rest of the exhaust rusted out and the front exhaust pipe in general is in really rusty. I’d like to replace both of them but am having trouble finding replacements. There are tons of front exhaust pipes with the cat attached to it available for 2003-2006 but nothing for the 2007-2008 as far as I could see. I’ve found some 2007 front exhaust pipes sold individually but when I search for Rear catalytic converters I haven’t really been able to find anything. Is there another hyundai vehicle that would have the same Or similar exhaust (like the elantra?) Would a 2006 front exhaust pipe work (from what I can tell they are almost exactly the same but it looks like the top flange has a different angle that wouldn’t fit the upper cat). If not what would you guys recommend? Should I just buy the front exhaust pipe and get a universal cat with it (not looking to pay $300-500 for a new cat)? Will it be an issue that the new front pipe has a flange on the end but a universal cat would not? Not too familiar with exhaust work, any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts