Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So I purchased a 2001 Tiburon about 2 months ago, and although I'm in love with the car, there's one thing that's bugging me.... the shift knob is missing it's top piece and there's a screw in it that sticks up about a half inch above the top of the knob. I'd imagine it's ghetto rigged and not a broken stock knob, but whatever.

Anyways, my question is this: Where does one find an affordable replacement knob for the 01 tib? Your standard autoparts dealers (Napa, AutoZone, etc.) don't carry one that fits.

Thanks!

·
K, you buy me sniper nao!
1,555 Posts
you might get more help if you post pictures. Theres actually a lot of FX guys on the Board here, or you could PM Cris with Flyryde, he knows a pretty good deal about the FX's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 5speed.

I didn't think I'd need pictures... I'd assume all the '01's use the same style of shifter? All I'm looking for is a place to find reasonably priced replacement knobs, I'm not trying to fix the one that's in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I don't like the TWM's... mostly because they cost a lot more then I'm going to spend.

As for the second link... how can I be sure these 'universal' knobs will fit when the universal knobs I've tried so far have been distinctly not universal?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Isn't 2001 the year they didn't make a Tiburon? Or was that 2000?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts