Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2008 Tiburon

I got caught in an accident and my driver side door is totaled. I want to replace it but don't know where to start.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Has anyone on here fully replaced their door?

I bought a replacement door but it needs these components:
*Door Glass
*Glass Actuator
*Mirror
Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Gas Engineering

Some Questions:

• Has anyone removed a Tiburon door? If so, how?
  • How would you install the glass?
  • How would you install the actuator?

Any help is appreciated thanks

· Registered
3,238 Posts
Well, I don't recall seeing much around over the years for replacing the whole door. There are DIYs here for the interior door panel (mine for exterior handles, for example here: DIY: - Chrome Door Handles or Replacement | Hyundai Tiburon Forums (newtiburon.com) ) and I'm sure there are some around for window motors and/or regulators as those are fairly common repairs.

Aside from that I'm also not sure how the electrical runs through the door panel--there's that grommet that runs between the door and the frame, but I honestly don't know if the electrical connectors will fit through there or if they are attached after the wires are run and the door is in place.

I'd look around for an electronic shop manual, I have a couple I've picked up over the years--not sure if the links here on the forum still work or not. Any from 03 to 08 should be fine as the doors didn't really change.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't recall seeing much around over the years for replacing the whole door. There are DIYs here for the interior door panel (mine for exterior handles, for example here: DIY: - Chrome Door Handles or Replacement | Hyundai Tiburon Forums (newtiburon.com) ) and I'm sure there are some around for window motors and/or regulators as those are fairly common repairs.

Aside from that I'm also not sure how the electrical runs through the door panel--there's that grommet that runs between the door and the frame, but I honestly don't know if the electrical connectors will fit through there or if they are attached after the wires are run and the door is in place.

I'd look around for an electronic shop manual, I have a couple I've picked up over the years--not sure if the links here on the forum still work or not. Any from 03 to 08 should be fine as the doors didn't really change.
Any info is appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
122 Posts
Also check out 79th production latest vid on YouTube. He just did a door replacement on an integra. It might give u some ideas on how to go about it.
He pulled the fender off first and then undone the bolts from the hinge to the door.
If u take the fender off, this will also give u chance to knock out that ding in it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also check out 79th production latest vid on YouTube. He just did a door replacement on an integra. It might give u some ideas on how to go about it.
He pulled the fender off first and then undone the bolts from the hinge to the door.
If u take the fender off, this will also give u chance to knock out that ding in it.
Thanks. Do you have a link for that video?

· Registered
122 Posts
Thanks. Do you have a link for that video?

Why did they take out the window, regulator and the mirror off that door ?
Anyway u should be able to hit up a junkyard or eBay to get those.
Ive replaced a few regulators on older Elantra’s, I’d imagineTiburons are similar.
They just unbolt with about 3 10mm bolts and manoeuvre them in and out. The window bolts onto the regulator. Put the regulator in first then slide the window down onto the regulator from the top. The regulator must also have a motor. So you’ll need that to if u don’t have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts