Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, while installing my coilovers I noticed the the bushings on my front control arms are pretty much shot. Since I dont have access to a press, Im just going to get new arms with all of the bushings already on. I just want to know if I need any special tools to remove the control arms or is it just the ball joint nut and the 3 bolts for the bushings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
very strait forward, although the rear bolt might give you a problem mine did hake sure to use PB blaster. I pressed the rear bushing and ball joint out, the ball joint went back in ok but the bushing got all mangled up when I tried to press back in. I had to buy a new control arm 75 bucks from autopartswarehouse.com free ship not bad. went in easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
very strait forward, although the rear bolt might give you a problem mine did hake sure to use PB blaster. I pressed the rear bushing and ball joint out, the ball joint went back in ok but the bushing got all mangled up when I tried to press back in. I had to buy a new control arm 75 bucks from autopartswarehouse.com free ship not bad. went in easy.
I can't get the the one with the nut to come down do you have to do something special I got the nut out but it won't come down I hit it with a hammer for hours

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't get the the one with the nut to come down do you have to do something special I got the nut out but it won't come down I hit it with a hammer for hours
Have a friend put pressure on the arm with a large prybar while you use a hammer. Be careful not to use the hammer on your friend. Make sure you hit the knuckle where the stud from the ball joint goes through, and not hit the lower control arm. Hitting the lower control arm will do nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts