Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i searched and i still am not possitive. I was looking into getting a 8" kicker COMPVR sub to replace me stock one. I want to put it in my stock sub inclosure. My questions, is the stock box ported? And what is the depth of the stock box? I think i read our box is like .7 cubic feet....

how many watts does the stock amp produce also??? I saw multiple numbers like anywhere between 300-350....

thanks for any help

·
Registered
58 Posts
myslow1 said:
is the stock box ported?
no, the stock box is sealed.

myslow1 said:
And what is the depth of the stock box?
the depth is 3 7/8". HOWEVER, this is because of the hole in the back of the stock box which fastens the sub to the box. You can cut that thing to make it deeper.
I was able to fit a RF P210D4 in there after the cut, whose mounting depth was 5.6875".

myslow1 said:
how many watts does the stock amp produce also??? I saw multiple numbers like anywhere between 300-350....
I am pretty sure it is 360W total power. Although, there is prolly only about 100W (50W per channel) going to the subwoofer. I sugggest going aftermarket.

Hope this helps...
Cheers
~HG

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was looking into that same sub as a replacement.
The stock box is a little too small IMO for the air space.
I made a new box for the stock location out of fiberglass,,,,
you can make a good box for under $50 that takes up the
same amount of space in the trunk,,,,,but has more air space inside the box.
pic----the hole isn't cut out of the box yet. :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/159000-159999/159972_20.jpg

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ i thought about that but im not into systems at all, so its alot of time for somthing im not to worried about.... I just figured on my bros discount i can get it for 35 bucks so why not. That particular sub needs .5 to 1 cubic ft for air space which our box has, and it is like 3.5" deep which the stock box has. I figured i would get it and give it a try.......
but if you have tried it and it doesnt work i may be incorrect so i dunno.

that box is gonn abe sweet though will it be painted or carpeted?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
that box is gonn abe sweet though will it be painted or carpeted?
Not sure yet,,,,,,I have a friend who can paint, but I'm not sure if I wanna take all that extra time to sand.
If I do it'll be carbon blue,,,,,,I also have one of those plexiglass spare tire covers from Chaotix gb
so I plan on fiberglassing a spot under there for the amps. going to look sweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts