Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tiburon 2.7 and plan on replacing all 4 struts next week. I have bought pre-assembled/‘loaded’ struts. Will I need to still compress the spring to remove or install pre-assembled struts or is it just plug & play (unbolt and replace)? I have never messed with suspension before and keep getting mixed messages from several different sources. Figured I would ask before I end up in an emergency room from an impaled strut.

·
Super Moderator
8,689 Posts
If you're getting "preloaded/full assembly", then, jack it up, unbolt, remove, install, bolt, drop.
Get an alignment really soon after. Ask for a "before/after sheet" from the alignment machine.
Also ask to get values close to each other.
Example.....one tire toed out and the same axle toed in is "within spec" but handling sucks. Get both axle wheels similar value....close is not close enough....

·
Registered
140 Posts
if you got the complete assemblies, replacement should be very straight forward and shouldn't take you more than 1-2 hours to do all 4.
no special instructions for the fronts, but for the rear ones, follow the advises here >>

do over-disassemble things, and remember to tie your seatbelts.

P.S. having a long breaker bar with an extra cheater bar is very very helpful, especially if these are the original struts, the bolts might be too tough to take out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to say thank you for your help. Took about 4 hours total and was extremely easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts