Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single din headunit in a double din case that will fit perfectly to my knowledge, however I am not sure how to take it out and replace it, and how to do the wiring and what kind of cables I need to buy, it's a Sony head unit, I have heard that I need rca cables or something?

my tiburon is a 2003 gt v6.

help would be much appreciated, I would really like to do it myself rather than paying someone to do it, as it shouldn't be too hard right? :O

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Buy a new wiring harness from Crutchfield and they will send you a packet of how to pages that will tell exactly how to do it. The wiring harness will come with a diagram and all you need to do is match the wires. Make sure you hook up the blue/white stripe wire because that will turn on your Infinity amp, that wire is the auto on or local on wire. You only need RCA's if you are adding an amp. The blue/white stripe wire would also be the wire for the new amp on also. I hope this helps. It would take you max an hour to rewire and install your stereo. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol iunno if mobile one's 1$ install is foreal lol, probably have to buy something. Can you buy that adapter thing at best buy or circuit city or something local? It looks hard :( I don't even know how to get the factory infinity thing out of there >.<

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Pop open your ash tray and then gently pull the center panel from the ashtray. It will come out and then the factory infinity is held in with 4 screws. $i install is prbably only on new purchases. Best Buy should have the wiring harness, I just figured you should order Crutchfield because of the info packet, it has digital photos and directions, makes it very easy. Crutchfiled also has good customer service and on phone install help.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Pop open your ash tray and then gently pull the center panel from the ashtray. It will come out and then the factory infinity is held in with 4 screws
+++ he's right,,,it's very very easy,,,a caveman could do it.

Go to a local audio shop and get a wiring harness for your tib, it's probably gonna be under $15.
The wires on the back of the new head unit will match colors with the harness,,,just twist them together
(or solder) Voila ! you have a better sound.

·
Registered
673 Posts
what part of houston do you live in?
PM me and I would be more than happy to help you out!
I am in Austin, but can/will travel for installs.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
if you dont know how to solder, try crimping the wires together instead of twisting them; its much faster and the connections are more secure. Also make sure no copper is exposed by taping each wire around the conductive area with electrical tape so you dont accidently ground out your headunit, speakers, etc... and lastly dont forget to add a fuse to the 12 volt memory line!

·
Registered
71 Posts
JBLover said:
Pop open your ash tray and then gently pull the center panel from the ashtray. It will come out and then the factory infinity is held in with 4 screws. $i install is prbably only on new purchases. Best Buy should have the wiring harness, I just figured you should order Crutchfield because of the info packet, it has digital photos and directions, makes it very easy. Crutchfiled also has good customer service and on phone install help.

I agree... Best Buy employees are there to work on cars and won't really tell you how to hook everything up. But it's all pretty simple. Just matching colors and pluggin it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts