Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new ECM for the tiburon 2006 gs manual. And it’s stuck in antitheft mode I believe. How would I be able to reprogram the key again to the car, and program the key fob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey sorry I seen your other post but I’ll answer this one too... dealers are the only one who can program it, doing the ignition to acc and pressing the unlock and lock button until your 4 ways flash is a relearn process and will only work if it is already programmed and that only works for your fob..

if you don’t take it to a dealer your pretty much **** outta luck, get a 2005 bcm from a junk yard or somthing, they don’t have chippedkeys anddon’t have immobilizer... that can also cause your no spark issue...

I’m almost certain that will fix your problem... also a i4 bcm will work if it’s 2005 or older... you should get spark and should fire right up... also you may need a non immobilizer ecu as well, if you have a v6 a santafe ecu or Tucson ecu will also work...

I had the same problem and now I have a i4 bcm and a satafe v6 ecu and it runs and drives fine, only problem with mismatching is you’ll get a engine light and might not be able to read codes.. hope this helps let me know if you get it running

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
A good locksmith should be able to do it much cheaper than the stealership. My car didn't come with any fobs so I bought a used one online and my locksmith was able to program it for about $40.

That said, they did have some trouble finding the right scanner tool and adapter cable to be able to talk to the car's ECU. Once they found the right one though it was pretty quick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts