Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was just reading through a scary CEL thread, and I thought it might be helpful for those poor souls with an Injen SRI if we had a picture on the site of a stock airbox and the original factory orientation of the MAF.

So, anyone with a stock airbox who hasn't yet f*cked with anything, could you do this?

Thanks!

· Registered
3,270 Posts
05gtautoshark said:
just make sure the arrow on the maf is pointing to the throttlebody
And that there's some slack in the wires. I've heard of this causing problems, though I've never had a problem with too little slack.

But, if it really helps:

And after:

As you can see, it's in almost the exact same position. Maybe just slightly farther from the throttle body.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
nice engine bay... mine is all dirty

· Registered
305 Posts
Here are some pictures of my MAF with the Ingen SRI. The MAF is, as the previous guy said, slightly further away from the throttle body but as level as it can possibly be with the intake. Also note that the wires are a non issue. They have just as much slack as they did stock. I've heard this isn't the case with some AEM intakes.

I got CEL's way back when I first installed the intake so I leveled out the MAF and they went away.

More recently I had a CEL a couple months ago for running lean, had the dealer clear it. I've been getting CEL's every few days for the past month or so now, I invested in a Scanguage and they've all been for code P000 which is for no fault found. This weekend I played with the MAF some more and leveled it out again as close to the stock position as posible and tightened everything up. I haven't touched the MAF since last spring so it might have loosened itself a little.
No CEL's so far, knock on wood, but after I leveled the MAF and reset the ECU the car idled rough for a few seconds when I first started it up and then set into it's normal idle.

There's no real point to this except that if you're installing an intake make sure the MAF is as absolutely close to the stock location as you can get. If you're getting CEL's all the time try adjusting it slightly and it may just solve the problem. Hope this helps somebody.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
that top box on the maf is almost all the way on the side on my AEM (by choice) not because it had to. no CEL at all

· Registered
86 Posts
05Tib said:
that top box on the maf is almost all the way on the side on my AEM (by choice) not because it had to. no CEL at all
i was gonna say...wtf does that have to do with anything. Ive had a few intakes and the MAF wasnt level on any of them and i never got a cel. Pull the negative for 10 minutes.

· Registered
323 Posts
yeah, no doubt. Ive got an Ebay elcheapo CAI for $45 and my sensor sits at about 45degree angle and havent had any CEL except for the gas cap not being tight enough and a small evap system leak from the lines to my catch can not being tight enough. Dont think the orientation should matter other than the arrow in the right direction

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.