Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is having the same problem again as it did last year. It shifts hard from 2 to 3rd. Last year I got a new transmission and now it's doing the same exact thing. I'm thinking that it's the TCM. So if anyone knows how can i reset the TCM? The dealership states reseting the car by taking off the positive for 20 minutes should reset everything in the car. I know the Tiburon has a learning computer that learns your driving style is there any way to reset the whole ECM?

·
Registered
498 Posts
My car is having the same problem again as it did last year. It shifts hard from 2 to 3rd. Last year I got a new transmission and now it's doing the same exact thing. I'm thinking that it's the TCM. So if anyone knows how can i reset the TCM? The dealership states reseting the car by taking off the positive for 20 minutes should reset everything in the car. I know the Tiburon has a learning computer that learns your driving style is there any way to reset the whole ECM?
yeh, there is a thing called the "hyundai drive cycle" which is very complicated and requires two people to do it usually. dealer had to do it to reset my ecu cause my wouldnt pass emissions.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had the same problem. Reset the ECU and TCM many times - didn't help. Take it back to the dealer, and show them this TSB you can download in the 3rd post here:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78870&highlight=2nd+to+3rd

Make sure that they've done this procedure! It fixed mine perfectly. (and for the first 100 miles or so, drive it like a granny, gradually working your way up to higher speed/rpm shifting...)

·
Registered
288 Posts
:3_steam: I'm so pissed my Tiburon has 43k and when i start a cold car and start drive first shift from 2 to 3rd its terribly hard
After that it shifts ok, but some times it slips from 3rd gear so it is internal(mechanical) failure.
Is not TCM. I'm pissed on Hyundai. I'm not rebuilding my transmision!!!
It make my sad:m_BangHea , but until it runs i put "FOR SALE" sign.
I work in car field for 6years, but newer so on car whit 30.000miles failing transmision. The only other car that has problem like tis is 97-00 Jaguar XJ8,and all year XJR transmision goes out at 70k, but those junk cars has M-Benz transmision Ford engine and Bosh controllers. So TCM in those cars makes faiure for that transmision. S55 AMG, SL 600 has no problems whit same transmision. So i don't know why Hyundai make same mistake. My and my family hawe history of nine Hyundai cars including 3- Tiburons and never had any problems, but this is just ridiculous. Make my look to other car brand.:3_sadley:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the tcm is located in a 2004 tib??? And will the one out of a 2006 elantra work if i switch it???

·
Administrator
9,534 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the tcm is located in a 2004 tib??? And will the one out of a 2006 elantra work if i switch it???
I can't answer your question.

I will say that the forum does not like threads over ~1 month old bumped. Just start a new thread and link the old one.

Yes, I see this is your 1st post here, sorry for the crappy welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.