Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way I can make my headlight lenses look a little better? They're not foggy, but they don't have the original clearness to them anymore. I've tried just cleaning them with Windex, soap, etc., but nothing helps. Do you think it could be something on the inside of the lenses?

·
Registered
981 Posts
the clearcoat is fading off, its nuttin from the inside, my headlights look like crap also, everyone who has a 03 has almost the same problem, but i found out that if u use engine degreaser and spray it on the lense's, they come out looking like new, but when it rains, it will look like crap again

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could I just apply a few new coats of clearcoat, then? I know it wouldn't take back what's already done, but would it prevent it from getting worse?

·
Registered
981 Posts
beats me, as soon as i have some free cash to spend, ima just get the 05 headlights

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
buy 05s they dont have that propblem.
Chase

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to get some F/Ls, but I've got more important plans for the Tib right now (wheels, carbon fiber hood, headers, etc.) to go spending $300+ on some headlights. I'd rather paint these and make them look as good as possible until I've got the money, and/or people around here have had a chance to wreck their '05s. :p

·
Registered
981 Posts
i have stock rims with new tires, stock headers, stock air intake, all sitting in the garage

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I'd hang on to them if I were you. Never know what could happen in the future to where you'll need to go back to stock parts or buy new ones.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I meant in the case that something happened with your aftermarket parts to where you needed something to replace them. Anything can happen. A buddy of mine sold his stock rims when he got new ones, and not a week later, he hit a HUGE pothole in the middle of the road and the right front wheel basically bent in half. He didn't have his stock wheels anymore, so he had to get a ride from his sister to and from work everyday for about 2 weeks before he was able to get new wheels. He ended up suing the city or something for damages to his car, and they paid for all the repairs. So in the end he was lucky. But the moral of the story is, **** happens. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought some PlastX tonight and put it on my headlights lenses (both inside and out). It made a little difference, but they still look like ****. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts