Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured Id post this as a review of the Adjustable Endlinks KJB has.

I have a Progress Rear Sway Bar and ARK DT-P Coilovers on my car, so the tired stock endlinks had to go. Sadly, I think I'm going to have to buy new stock ones because of the neverending problems Ive had with the ones I dropped $300 for.

When I first installed them, they fit a little... "rough" with my coilovers. It says on the KJB site that you should check and adjust accordingly so the endlinks don't rub or touch anything. I did all this for countless hours, adjusting my coilovers and endlinks "satisfactorily". I put that in quotes because no matter how I adjusted, if I cut the wheels all the way left or right, one or both would touch my coilovers.

Anyway: Within the first week, I had a problem... One of the bolts plainly slipped out -- It didnt strip or anything.

The long & short of it: Ive replaced just about every bolt on each endlink twice. I'll be going back to stock ones.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey,

The endlinks should not touch or rub the struts at all. They fit the stock struts perfectly with plenty of room for clearance. So, either they were installed backwards or ARK modified the location of the strut tab on their coilovers. As far as the bolts coming loose, they should be properly torqued and use a dab of some light or medium strength lock-tite. If this is done, they will not come loose.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My money's on ARK having moved the location of the tabs. Like I said -- If you crank the wheels to the far right or left, the front ones rub.

And yeah, I skimped on the lock tight :/

'Spose Im just posting to let folks know about possible compatability issues with aftermarket coilovers.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
this happened with by eibach struts too. not bashing the product itself (the rear ones were great) but i broke both front endlinks. dont get me wrong, KJB is a great seller and supported the product( sent me replacement parts at a good price), but IMO, these do not have enough pivot for use with a street driven tib. they need to have more travel in the pivot directions in the front. (again, rears are more than fine and a great replacement for stock). both times they broke it was on a hill while turning at full lock; simply snapped the heads right off because the head cannot pivot to accommodate full steering lock. and they were adjusted and adjusted and adjusted, they always bound up because of the lack of pivot. if you look at a pair of brand new stockers compared to these, the much larger amount of travel in the pivot head is obvious.

again this is just my opinion, but these are more of a "race only" part. i would not buy them unless you need adjustability for preloading the bar in the front and dont plan on turning up or downhill at full lock on the steering, basically they would be great for a dedicated track car; but they dont work on the street. the stock endlinks are much stronger because theyre built to handle the bumps and hills of street duty.

sounds like you shoulda had someone do the install for you...
no. mine were installed by my cousin who is an ASE master tech with over 15 years of experience adjusting suspensions. not that it matters. you can adjust these till youre blue in the face, the problem doesnt lie in the amount of length adjustment, it lies in the lack of pivot of the head. there simply isnt enough to accommodate full lock on this particular car.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Try Moog endlinks? I heard there beefier

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I agree with everything alpine says about Kevin and the product in general. I had somewhat different problems, the endlink never touched the coil over (ark), but it didn't really seem to have enough pivot. I too spend many hours trying to adjust the fronts and they would make a straining metal noise if you turned the wheel all the way in either direction. I actually left the nut between the eye bolt and the main shaft loose so the eyebolt will pivot, but that doesn't last so long with rock salt on the roads.

I'd say that they are a great upgrad for the rears, but somehow, that is where i was getting noise from first, and in the end that is why i had to get rid of them, they were extreamly noisy

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts
I agree with everything alpine says about Kevin and the product in general. I had somewhat different problems, the endlink never touched the coil over (ark), but it didn't really seem to have enough pivot. I too spend many hours trying to adjust the fronts and they would make a straining metal noise if you turned the wheel all the way in either direction. I actually left the nut between the eye bolt and the main shaft loose so the eyebolt will pivot, but that doesn't last so long with rock salt on the roads.

I'd say that they are a great upgrad for the rears, but somehow, that is where i was getting noise from first, and in the end that is why i had to get rid of them, they were extreamly noisy
Had the same issues with mine as well. The noise was embarrassing if you ask me. Recently bought some moogs and very pleased I did. These are great endlinks, just not for every day driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts