Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well if you can't afford new floor mats from the dealer .there is an easy solution ..............just touch them up ,
in my case mine where fine just as many of you know i swapped my Red SE leather for some 07 GT black leather interior so the only thing left in my interior that was red was the tiburon lettered floor mats

here what you need go to craft store...and find a fabric paint marker there are many colors to choose from. mine was an Elmers product, i chose silver as they didn't have the right blue i checked two stores use the marker to touch up your lettering and get black fabric spray paint to touch up the rest of the floor mats i did on the edges to get rid of the red stitching .

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
dam dude ur always taking sure good care of ur car lol i dont think i would ever paint my floor mats

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did it to get rid of the red and those who know me know i'm anal with the car lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
another thing i ended up doin to my floor mats which do at your own risk, i pressure washed them til the brown stopped coming outta them. then i took a propaine torch while it was still wet and i went all over the mat with it. All of the frizzies and loose carpeting got melted/burned off (even on the edge). i did NO damage to the mats themselves and they cleaned up the look a quite a bit. especially where my heel rests under the gas pedal.

(sorry for the hijack)

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no hijack just another way to do it lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
never thought of paint on floor mats but the results are amazing....god job

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually, pretty nifty idea. you're like the guy version of me with our "anality" of our cars. looks good :)
thank you
and it's just pride or as i tell my Wife it's like my make up it's a an extension on how you look lol

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
No idea why I didn't think of this before. damn good idea and it turned out great! So does the stuff wear off on your shoes or anything? I'd hate to accidentally track that in my house.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No idea why I didn't think of this before. damn good idea and it turned out great! So does the stuff wear off on your shoes or anything? I'd hate to accidentally track that in my house.
no it shouldn't drys fast no worries

1 - 15 of 15 Posts