Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Rick - you should say "Thank you" to alpinewhite ... he came over last night and helped me install the B&M short throw shifter ... it went really well actually, only ran into a couple of hiccups, but nothing we couldn't figure out ... and boy, what a nice difference it makes ... looks so much nicer ...

So that's one thing off your plate ... although I might have one more thing to put back on it ... seems as though I may need an amp to power my new rear speakers because I was a dummy and bought 2-ohm speakers instead of 4-ohm ones ... so I have to figure out the best way to go forward here ... either return the 2-ohm ones and get 4-ohm or get a 2-channel 2-ohm amp to power the speakers ...

Anyways - thanks for helping me out last night James - next up, the shifter bushings :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
OH I just put mine in too!! Isn't it great!!! Love it!! You have a problem with the reverse lock out though? Or did you use the same stock knob? I got a veilside aluminum billiet knob and if I screw it down all the way I can't pull up the thing for reverse lock out. I put in a washer to try to solve it and it helps a little but the knob still turns a bit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still using my stock knob - I haven't gotten around to ordering the Nissan 6-speed knob ... I will sooner or later ...

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Kitsune said:
OH I just put mine in too!! Isn't it great!!! Love it!! You have a problem with the reverse lock out though? Or did you use the same stock knob? I got a veilside aluminum billiet knob and if I screw it down all the way I can't pull up the thing for reverse lock out. I put in a washer to try to solve it and it helps a little but the knob still turns a bit.
yah, you need a knob desgined for a reverse lock out, or just defeat the system. no guarantee you wont accidentally nick reverse going for 6th though.. the new nissan maxima knob fits the tib perfectly and actually has a little weight to it... i think someones running a GB on them right now. otherwise youre stuck using the stocker or one of the few available rev-lock ones...

oh and steve any time i can help im glad ;) we'll have to try and tackle those bushings together in the daylight.. but first you need that damn tranny fixed! LOL.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'll give ya my 06 knob if your interested, Edd O. I won't be going back after upgrading to the nissan knob. I'm no good with in depth stereo stuff, but lemme know when you guys do the bushings. I'll stop by after work, seeing its 2 minutes from your place

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
T06Crush said:
I'll give ya my 06 knob if your interested, Edd O. I won't be going back after upgrading to the nissan knob. I'm no good with in depth stereo stuff, but lemme know when you guys do the bushings. I'll stop by after work, seeing its 2 minutes from your place
uh huh.. and when will you be stopping by my place to finish to the eleventy billion beer left over from last weekend hmm?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alpinewhite said:
oh and steve any time i can help im glad ;) we'll have to try and tackle those bushings together in the daylight.. but first you need that damn tranny fixed! LOL.
Yeah dude - tell me about it ... it was so nice to just be able to put your car in gear with no resistance or anything like that ... hopefully I'll be able to get it into the dealership on Monday and they'll fix whatever's going on ... then we'll tackle the bushings when I get the car back ...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alpinewhite said:
uh huh.. and when will you be stopping by my place to finish to the eleventy billion beer left over from last weekend hmm?
Now there's something I know how to do ... when is THAT meet?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thank you James. You feel better now, Steve?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Thank you James. You feel better now, Steve?
HAHA, dont thank me i should thank you. without your extensive training i wouldnt be able to turn a ratchet, LOL. i still think im "mechanically and electrically challenged" to quote the AEM manual...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i say u spend a little extra money and get some new 2 ohm speakers fror the front and just get a 2 ohm 4 channel amp for them all ^_^

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'll get right on it, boss. Just let me sober up enough to pass a sobriety test, if necessary. I say you load up the truck and slip a few into the regular delivery. see if anyone notices

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
HAHA, dont thank me i should thank you. without your extensive training i wouldnt be able to turn a ratchet, LOL. i still think im "mechanically and electrically challenged" to quote the AEM manual...
You have made me proud, my young apprentice...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i say u spend a little extra money and get some new 2 ohm speakers fror the front and just get a 2 ohm 4 channel amp for them all ^_^
Infinity Kappa 50.7CS
Turns out I'm a damn idiot ... that's exactly what I have ... 2-ohm 6x9s and 2-ohm components ...

LOL.

Looks like I need a 4-channel 2-ohm amp, huh?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts