Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooo here again with another little issue my right windshield wiper I can see at the base it’s trying to move. but something isn’t allowing it to work I checked the bolt and made sure it’s tight not sure what else to check. Like I said at the base where the bolt is I can see it trying to move but it’s not moving the whole wiper blade. Any help is much much appreciated

· Registered
879 Posts
Does the whole blade move if you tilt the blades into the service position?

I've had issues with the blades grabbing the windshield so well it made the arm slip in the spline even though the bolt was tight.

Otherwise, it's fairly easy to access the assembly to visually inspect it. you just need to remove the cowl which is mostly clips under the weather stripping.

· Administrator
9,550 Posts
So, how did you make out?
If nothing yet, if you lift the blade off the glass and "sweep it", is there resistanc/no real movement, or does the arm rotate on the shaft? I have seen them where the nut is tight, but the internal splines don't lock into the arm. This could be wear/damage, or the nut is bottomed on the threads. Maybe a small flat washer under the nut or strands of copper wire between the shaft splines and inside of the arm to take up some space when assembled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts