Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get rim spacers for my stock 17" rims.......i'm not diggin the rear wheels........i want them to fill out the......anyone know if this is a good idea...and where to get them?...thanks..

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright....thanks staw............if i use rim spacers...they work on any rims right?....if i get new rims...they would still work?.....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have been looking for spacers too. KDMGuy and SharkRacing have some, but both need to have the wheel studs extended. H&R need the same. The ones on Amazon are TCSportline and are 25mm, which is big. TCSportline has them smaller and I will let you know more when I find a dealer. r100s has them but they are backordered and so far no idea when he will have more. He has a great price if he gets them back in stock.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Got mine from ezaccessory.com for $140 plus shipping for a set of four 25mm adapters. They are great. I recommend adapters rather than spacers because you don't need to install longer studs and they are perfectly centered because the adapter bolts to the hub and has its own studs for attaching the wheel. Anyone wanting to see a picture PM me your e-mail addy, as NT won't accept the picture as an attachment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dctibby said:
Got mine from ezaccessory.com for $140 plus shipping for a set of four 25mm adapters. They are great. I recommend adapters rather than spacers because you don't need to install longer studs and they are perfectly centered because the adapter bolts to the hub and has its own studs for attaching the wheel. Anyone wanting to see a picture PM me your e-mail addy, as NT won't accept the picture as an attachment.
Agreed. You just have to pay attention when buying. They are basically all spacers. The ones I bought from Amazon also have the studs. I can't imagine buying them w/o.

If it's not "bolt-on", I don't want it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The difference between spacers and adapters is that spacers are basically just washers that go between the hub and the wheel. The studs in the hub go through the spacer and the wheel. If the spacer is too thick, you have to replace the stock studs with longer ones. Adapters are bolted to the hub using the original studs and then have their own studs that bolt through the wheel. Adapters can also be used to mount wheels that have a different lug pattern than the hubs.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It says those won't work with rims with no relief pattern unless you trim the stock studs. Anybody know how hard it is to trim the stock studs?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does anyone know the correct size spacers to get to fill the gap in the wheel well without having issues? (stock 17's)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
PANAXRX said:
Does anyone know the correct size spacers to get to fill the gap in the wheel well without having issues? (stock 17's)
i've yet to get a straight answer as to whether wheel adapters even work with the stock wheels and i have never taken them off to see.

JBLover said:
It says those won't work with rims with no relief pattern unless you trim the stock studs. Anybody know how hard it is to trim the stock studs?
trimming a stud is an extremely difficult 10-man job and it will cost you thousands of dollars. actually, a monkey with a hack saw could do it, but its not something you generally want to do. it would be better to have compatible wheels and leave the stock studs alone.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Wheel adapters work fine with the stock wheels. I have 25mm adapters on my 04 with stock 17-inch wheels. They sure fill out the wheel wells nicely.

·
Registered
514 Posts
dctibby said:
Wheel adapters work fine with the stock wheels. I have 25mm adapters on my 04 with stock 17-inch wheels. They sure fill out the wheel wells nicely.
Pictures? What type of adapters did you buy? Do they rub at all (over bumps, turned a certain way etc.)?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
PANAXRX said:
Pictures? What type of adapters did you buy? Do they rub at all (over bumps, turned a certain way etc.)?
Sorry, I just saw your post. The right rear rubs slightly when I hit a bump, but I am trimming the fender lip. Send me a PM with your e-mail addy and I'll send you pictures and info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts