Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a ripp sds stage 1...id like to see whp numbers and possibly some videos of tibs with them on.

·
Registered
356 Posts
oh i hope u got a good one...other wise ur gona have lotsp fun

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not reserching a forced induction kit is like sitting on a toilet without looking if the seat is down... you might be safe or you might fall into a $hitty situation...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, just for your information..i have researched it months prior to buying....take a gander at www.607motorsports.com boost is what we do. the question i was asking should have been phrased as this....what numbers are any of your ripp mods systems putting out?...and if you have any videos id like to see them.

·
Registered
956 Posts
vanetten1702 said:
i just purchased a ripp sds stage 1...id like to see whp numbers and possibly some videos of tibs with them on.
you have my pitty.....good luck though....if you can make it work more power to ya......

FYI...you should have done a little more research before choosing which kit you wanted....

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I cant think of anyone off hand that actually has a working Ripp setup that is putting any great numbers down. Maybe someone else can think of someone.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
vanetten1702 said:
alright, just for your information..i have researched it months prior to buying....take a gander at www.607motorsports.com boost is what we do. the question i was asking should have been phrased as this....what numbers are any of your ripp mods systems putting out?...and if you have any videos id like to see them.
You should check the Rippmods forums. I can tell you one thing. I haven't seen too many get the numbers that they're advertising for that kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
heh, the meet i was just at a guy had a working ripp kit, and he was pushing over 300 horses. he didnt know what he was boosting thou.

·
Registered
197 Posts
that would be SteelShark, he is actually on the forums but apparently rarely posts...someone should pm him and ask about his setup cuz when i met him in person he really seemed to know his ****.

96 Posts
the ripp system is not that insanely bad... Lets not forget that before ngm it was mainly ripp vs alpine... And of course alpine was way more reliable, but members since then have figured out how to fix the ripp kit and make it work properly... I know somebody knows what I am talking about someone should link this guy to the page where it shows how to modify the kits maf or whatever to make it work better...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My RIPP kit works fine and has been for over 2 years now. RIPP installed, RIPP tuned. currently making over 300hp on an automatic. Stage 2. i have never had any problems and the setup is exactly as it was out of the box, no modifications what so ever. Take that for what you will. It's a daily driver. I drive it EVERY DAY.

Here is one video if you are still looking.
http://rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=599

Take what ppl say who don't own the kit for what it's worth. You're in NY so you can always talk with RIPP directly. They are a full out race shop, in house dyno, nitrous and race gas filling station, so on and so fourth. So, good luck with your kit, and I am sure if you do it right, which it sounds like you have the experience to do just that, then you will have success like many have, including myself.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Was he at the triple crown tuner challenge? If so he is a really nice guy, I had forgot his username and have been lookng for it!

halcyon said:
heh, the meet i was just at a guy had a working ripp kit, and he was pushing over 300 horses. he didnt know what he was boosting thou.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts