Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my 06 bumper was just a complete mess. I bought the car in October '08. The hood and bumper were damaged from the previous owner, God knows what happened. The carfax was clean. When I bought the car, the hood and bumper were not that bad. It has just gotten progesssly worse. I can't do anything bout the hood, I will have to have it painted.

Now, I most likely need a new bumper, as it has been pushed somewhat to the driver's side and just having it painted won't fix that, BUT, I don't have the money for that now, so I wanted to fix the terrible road rash and rock chips on it.

I bought the Dr. Color Chip Road Rash Kit and wow........I have to say I LOVE it. I am going to buy another kit, as I ran out of paint. Last week I touched up the sides of the car. I did half the bumper this morning and then I did the other half this afternoon., but I knew I would run out of paint and I did. But I am pretty happy with the results and can't wait to order the other kit as I need to do my side view mirrors and I definitely want to re-do the entire front bumper. Also, underneath the driver's fog light, there were gouges that I just filled in with the paint last week and then went over today, but again, I ran out of paint, so the driver's side isn't completely done.

BEFORE PICS:

Passenger Side:

Driver's Side:

AFTER PICS:

Passenger Side:

Driver's Side:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CT......As I said, I ran out of paint, so I really couldn't do my driver side as well as the passenger side. Hey, for $68 with shipping it will help for a bit until I can either have the bumper completely painted or have the money to buy an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
look very good for what it was A+

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
look very good for what it was A+
Thanks, nolfol!!! I have more touch up to do when I get the other kit, but It def looks MUCH better than it did. Also, it looked worse in person before and looks so much better in person after!!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Thanks, nolfol!!! I have more touch up to do when I get the other kit, but It def looks MUCH better than it did. Also, it looked worse in person before and looks so much better in person after!!
you should have seen my black 03 bumper after 5 yrs lol a speckled mess

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thats like my hood and front end of my Tib. Not even close to being repairable.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I think its an EZpass
i've never seen an EZ Pass like that before if that is one. normally, the EZ Pass just sticks to the upper portion of your windshield, behind the rear view mirror so you cant even see it when you're driving, and its a little 4x4" white plastic box.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
They make both interior and exterior ones. I never knew they made them either until I was going through the tolls with a courtesy vehicle and the lady was yelling at me saying that I already paid. I didn't understand why, then I put two and two together.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh, that would make sense. There's a manager at my hotel who has a Black SL55 and it has one on it, but it runs to his dash mounted Radar detector/Laser Jammer. It's a rectangular box like that.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
They make both interior and exterior ones. I never knew they made them either until I was going through the tolls with a courtesy vehicle and the lady was yelling at me saying that I already paid. I didn't understand why, then I put two and two together.
i wouldve just yelled back "well, i wanna pay again damnit!"

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Oh, that would make sense. There's a manager at my hotel who has a Black SL55 and it has one on it, but it runs to his dash mounted Radar detector/Laser Jammer. It's a rectangular box like that.
Yea I know exactly what you are talking about. Those ones are built into the dash are so awesome. Used to work at a Mercedes dealership and not too many built in radar cars came in.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i wouldve just yelled back "well, i wanna pay again damnit!"
Lol...Knowing my damn luck I would have gotten a ticket thats why I wanted to make sure I was paid.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not too bad! i might have to pick some of that stuff up for the little spots here and there that i have.
Newo...I def recommend it!!! I just bought another kit yesterday. As stated prior, I need to do my side view mirrors and I want to go over the bumper again. I am very pleased with the results.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts