Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my rotors and redoing my calipers. I already have my calipers off, I'm going to repaint them again. I ordered rotors from FlyRide, but I need some advice for taking my stock rotors off. I did a lot of searching, and I know it's fairly simple, but figured I'd throw a post up for some reassurance.

So, I need to take the two Phillips screws out. I noticed some people suggested using an impact screwdriver!? I tried yesterday when I took my calipers off, but I only had a small Phillips' screwdriver and it stripped the screw some. I also want to replace the little rubber caps that cover the bleeder screw, can I buy them at any Hyundai dealership or automotive store? Some suggested getting some penetrating oil to loosen up the rotors. Since mine is an 03, they'll likely never been replaced, so I'm sure they'll be rusted on there pretty good. Do I also need to take off the 32mm nut, or can it be done with it still on? I know off-hand I don't have any sockets that big...

I painted my calipers a few times before, always pretty easy. I'm going to soak and clean them in gasoline, but I'm wondering should I buy the caliper painting kit they sell at automotive stores? They have the brush on kits, the previous times I used a can of spray paint. Caliper paint of course, but just wondering would the brush on applicator work better?

·
Registered
709 Posts
beat the rotor with a hammer it will come off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
use the brush on kit at autozone, it works great and its only 13-14 bucks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
runner4474 said:
use the brush on kit at autozone, it works great and its only 13-14 bucks
Cool - Will do. Although we don't have an AutoZone around here, I'm sure the one at CT is the same idea. It's around $20.00-30.00 CAD for the kit. It comes with the works. ; ) Oh, do I need to remove that freaking 32mm nut to take my rotors off? I don't want to break anything. : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts