Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it's a normal thing or maybe i need to adjust something in my tib.

When i rev it up, the RPMs seem to steadily drop, almost like ur letting off the gas slowly from where you mashed it just to rev it up. In alot of others cars that i've drove as soon as you let off the gas the RPMs drop pretty quickly but it doesn't seem to do so near as quickly in my Tib...it also does this while driving and running it up into the RPMs and then mash the clutch in to shift...it's almsot as is you let off the gas slowly instead of lifting your foot which i'm doing...

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Could be your clutch going bad, i'm not too sure. It's been a while since i drove my tib (3 weeks) (bad clutch).

·
Registered
947 Posts
well might be rev hang...=_= actually sounds like its def rev hang...

i had this particular problem with another car, where you let go, the rpms just hang or go down a bit tooo slowly...
check your throttle body, if its too dirty maybe that may have caused it?? i cleaned out the throttle body of that car (not a tib) and it did resolve the issue...though not sure if thats exactly the problem if ur cars new

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
many new cars have the rpm hang, if the rpms drop too quickly NOx pollutants spike, IIRC.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be your clutch going bad, i'm not too sure. It's been a while since i drove my tib (3 weeks) (bad clutch).
It's deff, not my clutch. I just had everything new installed about 1,000 miles ago.

I've heard alot about throttle bodys with RPMs messing up, so I'll check that out i guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts