Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here own the RRM carbon Fiber wing?
It's pretty cheap, and its carbon fiber, but I don't see many people using it.
Why?

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
There were only a few made. CF is becoming harder and harder to come by these days.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) started showing up in the late 1970's on American built cars, they became mandatory on new cars sold in the USA in 1986...That doesn't mean they have to be on a spoiler.

·
Registered
733 Posts
bagpiper said:
Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) started showing up in the late 1970's on American built cars, they became mandatory on new cars sold in the USA in 1986...That doesn't mean they have to be on a spoiler.
Exactly^^^^^ Many cars have the third brakelight inside the car on the rear dash. Or trucks have them on top of the cab. I dont know that it is illegal. But as far as i know all cars come off the factory floor nowadys with the third brakelight on a wing or in the back window, or on the trunk lid.
Ken

·
Registered
981 Posts
yea but if u put a wing on without the light, cops wont know if ur car came without a wing when bought

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wing-less Tib's do have a center mounted stop lamp. It's at the base of the rear windshield. behindblueyez (sp) came to one of the CT meets, he's got no spoiler and the light installed.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
Does anybody here own the RRM carbon Fiber wing?
It's pretty cheap, and its carbon fiber, but I don't see many people using it.
Why?

because its $300, and the stock spoiler doesnt even weigh that much.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you are worried about a third brakelight, this is what I did. It's a led strip attached to tthe trim on the inside of the hatch, like the 350z. I've had several cops behind me with no problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts