Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Re: DIY: RRM Front and Rear Strut Bar Install

very good thread man! thanks!

Re: DIY: RRM Front and Rear Strut Bar Install

I"m gonna bump this up again because I have a question. I have an ARK rear strut bar, which obviously uses all three bolts. That being said, it's impossible to get to all three bolts without removing the seat belt tensioner, which I see is held on with a 10mm and a 12mm bolt.

I've seen people mention having to make sure that it has slack on it so that the seat belt doesn't get sucked up into oblivion, but could something similar be accomplished by simply latching the seat belts? I don't have a set of Vice Grips here, so I'd like to have some other safe way of removing that thing without messing up my rear seats since about once every six months someone may have to ride in the back of the car, haha.

-Brian

When you take the two bolts that hold the retractors loose, as you pick up the retractor, pull the belt out about a foot as you pick it up. Then just lay them down in the floor of the hatch out of the way.You don't need vise grips, and they don't have enough tension to pull themselves back up from the floor.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.