Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the front and rear strut bars from RRM, and I must say, I do feel a difference! Ride feels smoother, and I can take turns a lot faster without losing traction or tires squeeling...

Here are some pics, and excuse the messy trunk...

The next thing I'm going to do is either get the sway bar from RRM or lower my car.. can't decide lol

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
lower it!

i wanna get those same strut bars eventually

·
Registered
42 Posts
ha you have the same plan as me i wanna get those same bars then lower my car thinkin about doin some exhaust work first tho...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i should get the sway bar first?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04elantraGTscott said:
those strut bars are awesome i have them as well on my elantra. id recommend lowering it first

anyone else agree?

·
Banned
434 Posts
byron said:
so i should get the sway bar first?

I haveall 3 mods done(struts, sway and lowered)

I would recommend getting the sway bar first IF you are more concerned about handling. The sway will give you a nice improvement in the handling department and tighten up the rear end enough to take away the nasty understeer you would experience on the street. I have not seen any aftermarket springs with a high enough spring rate to give the same kind of handling improvement as a sway bar will.

That being said if you are more concerned about the appearance than the handling I would lower it. Just keep in mind to lower the car correctly is going to cost you quite a bit more than the sway bar will. I would not put any more than the 1.1inch prokit on stock struts and even then i think that is pushing them. The OEM struts will wear out many times faster with a set of lowering springs mounted on them so now you are talking about putting springs and dampers on the car. I would not suggest doing this at 2 different times becasue it is the same job andyou will have to do it(or pay to have it done) twice along with paying for an alignment twice. then you get issues with ride quality. While i dont think any of the aftermarket systems(springs+ shocks) necessarily give the tiburon a bad ride I know my ride is several times more harsh than stock. I have tein springs and eibach dampers.

Long story short there are pros and cons to each side, hopefully this will help you make the decision since, in the end, it is your decision to make.

Personally if it were my car, I would do the sway bar next.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Don't lower unless you have the money for struts at the same time. What most miss is that the lowering springs have a higher spring rate and the crappy factory struts can't handle them and your car will ride like an old cadillac once they wear out. It will look better lowered, but do it right and save for spring and strut combo and install all once. JMHO

My bad I just realized he just said that!

·
Banned
434 Posts
JBLover said:
Don't lower unless you have the money for struts at the same time. What most miss is that the lowering springs have a higher spring rate and the crappy factory struts can't handle them and your car will ride like an old cadillac once they wear out. It will look better lowered, but do it right and save for spring and strut combo and install all once. JMHO

My bad I just realized he just said that!

Its not the higher spring rate tht wears them out, espically since most of the available springs only up the spring rates by ~20%. It is the constant compressive load that they are under along with being bottomed out much easier because they are now 1-2" closer to fully compressed when just sitting in a parking spot.

But yes do struts at the same time and save yourself the headache.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts