Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of automotive stores sell it by the can. It usually runs like $10.00 CAD. Anyone ever use it? My car is in storage, and I have my rotors/calipers off, just figured I might grab a can and spray underneath a few areas of my car. Can't really see it hurting at all.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
The guy I bought my car from, had his done at the dealer, the entire underbody was sprayed. It is nasty stuff when you want to get under it, but it serves its purpose.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had my last car undercoated at a body shop two years in a row, seemed to work fine enough, I guess. I just figured since all my tires/rotors are off I could just spray a little of it underneath the car. I think I'll give it a try...

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I'm guessing this is for rust?

My car hasn't been undercoated, and I don't see any rust after 90K, so why would I want this?

·
Registered
802 Posts
We use the rubberized undercoating before car shows a lot of times...mainly just in the fender wells to make them really black while also protecting the metal..then spray with tire shine...nice and shiny!! We have also used it some under the car and it works fine...eventually it will chip off from rocks and things which means it has served its purpose of protecting. Be careful spraying it because the little rubberized pieces like to spray every which way sometimes...

It also works well underneath bumpers like fiberglass..helps keep them from cracking when rocks hit since it is rubberized it will bounce off with less impact....i dont have it but i know people who do.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul J McCain said:
I'm guessing this is for rust?

My car hasn't been undercoated, and I don't see any rust after 90K, so why would I want this?
As the post below stated, it protects the car. It also deadens the sound outside the car.

·
Banned
382 Posts
i thought now days Hyundai never sells a car without getting the underbody sprayed with that rubberized stuff that protects against rust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts