Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, now I’m not the sharpest crayon in the box but hear me out
I understand the assassin company used mp90 blowers for their supercharger for the tiburon and are hard to come by now a days. Theoretically could you take any old mp90 blower say out of a cobra or bonneville, make an adapter plate and use that? Like I said I’m new here and don’t know much about tiburon forced induction at all but boy wouldn’t it be nice if I was right. Please feel free to correct if I don’t really know what I’m talking about - Chris

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
As long as the MP90 is the stock design from magnuson it can be bolted on to the NGM manifold. Problem is Magnuson/Eaton custom designs housings for a lot of car makers and those housings wont work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can put any supercharger on any car (beware, any supercharger WILL NOT give you boost needed, it has to be choosen according engine displacement) , if you can make and adaptable socket on the intake manifold, everything is possible.

I saw a video few years ago about a guy in japan, which made and soldered a custom upper intake manifold with exhaust pipes, than soldered a large flat box with those pipes, where the throttle body goes, soldered a supercharger socket from Mercedes Kompressor, easily finded online, and put a Mercedes supercharger in his 3000GT (almost same engine as the Delta).

If you have money, time, a lot of patience, and tools, everything is possible 😏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts