Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure its been asked, and im pretty sure its been answered, but does the DC Sport headers come with a cat?

Pics ive seen would suggest "no". If so, anyone have a solution/suggestion?

Im probably going with the DC Sport Headers, but its a toss-up between DC Sport Cat-Back and the ARK Cat-Back. I found the DC Sport headers for $406.40 at gripmotorsports.com (+Ship, still cheaper than Ptuning.... their sites been down for like 4 days now, too... o_O)

Found the ARKs for 570'ish on Ptuning, and the DCs for $560.25 on Grip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The DC sports do not come with a cat, in fact they get rid of the two pre-cats so you will throw a check engine light if you don't have an engine management. the cheapest place to buy them to is at summit racing. i work there give me a call 1800-230-3030 ext. 5790. my name is bob. btw i have these on my turbo car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
u wont throw codes.... ive run mine for months now, Dc headers and Exhaust, no cats and no cel's... I know others with DC headers and cel's. O and i have no tune or anything, mods in my sig and no cel.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
haha that could cause it, i almost would have had one. When i was changing my oil the other day i just randomly decided to feel the wire for the lower bank o2 on the back header and felt where the cover over the wires had melted so i zipped tied it away and all things are good to go

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
05Tib said:
haha that could cause it, i almost would have had one. When i was changing my oil the other day i just randomly decided to feel the wire for the lower bank o2 on the back header and felt where the cover over the wires had melted so i zipped tied it away and all things are good to go
ya thats the one i got dangling right now lol, i tried to put it in its hole once i had everything put back togather, and the wire was just a hair too short ... basically if i would have disconnected the quick disconnect part and screwed it in, then i would have been able to put it all back togather good, but i didnt feel like doin it lol, so i stuck a spare o2 sensor in the hole to plug it and zip tied it out of the way :3_bier:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i had a cel with my headers for a while but i'm sure it was because one of my o2 sensors was messed up,

after i fixed that, havent gotten a cel in a couple months now.

and i bought my dcsports on ebay from a member called raceoptions for about $380 SHIPPED if i'm not mistaken, he's a very cool seller and the by far cheapest i've seen anywhere

·
Registered
907 Posts
no they do not come with a cat. I just put a high flow in and no cels. I got the DC headers for 440$

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have the DC catback. very happy with it. very deep growl.

·
Registered
744 Posts
does anyone have pictures of their DC Headers?

also i got a question. I know its illegal to have no cat headers. But lets say you get a cat put on the dc headers. Also no one does a visual inspection..can u still pass emissions??

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i wouldnt be able to get a pic till this weekend and at that all i could snap is either the y pipe on bottom side or the front header sense the back header u cant see...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
imatharu29 said:
does anyone have pictures of their DC Headers?

also i got a question. I know its illegal to have no cat headers. But lets say you get a cat put on the dc headers. Also no one does a visual inspection..can u still pass emissions??
You can pass smog. you just won't pass visual.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ok i thought this was a cat? if not what is it? just a flex pipe?

Btw i have these headers an NO CEL...had them for a few months now..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
not a cat. i guess a flex pipe but some1 else probably knows

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,688 Posts
yeah, its a flex pipe. Mine was really stiff. (On my DC headers)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So would you have ti cut the tube after the headers to put the cat in or can you put a cat at the end of the tube and then put Catback from there or is there not enough room to do that?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
03TibbGT said:
So would you have ti cut the tube after the headers to put the cat in or can you put a cat at the end of the tube and then put Catback from there or is there not enough room to do that?
The DC sports y-pipe has to be cut and the cat is installed into it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, they come with the y-pipe and the lil flex pipe fitting... But my car's licenced where they dont do emissions. So i suppose im in the clear, eih?

Anyone got opinions on the ARK cat-back? From the pictures, it looks like it'd have waaay better flow. I'd been looking at the Borla's and DC's for a while...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts