Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, my name is Nick and last Tuesday I was laid off my job. Now this is a bad thing, but its perfect for relocation if I want to.. I currently reside in the small town of Reno, and all of my family and friends are here and as much as I love them all I need away from them but I dont want to go to far.. So Sacramento seems like a good place, my car will be a little faster since its lower altitude, a LOT nicer weather in CA, more people, etc.. So anyways my questions are, what is it like from a locals point of view? What is the crime rate like? What are the good parts of sacramento? Are there lots of jobs? Warehouses? Since thats what I have experience in.. Is Sacramento a good place for a 20 year old to move and would a 20 year old with an income maybe around 30k be able to survive there, my only bills are car payment and insurance but that adds up to almost $800 a month.. Anyways, any information you could possibly give me, what its like, does it snow, ANYTHING! Alright, thanks in advance!

· Registered
490 Posts
have fun enjoying california smog laws...

· Registered
490 Posts
cali = strictest
i dont know what NV smog laws are but calis suck, no headers here, can u get away with them there legally?

· Rool : Pron Spammer
6,182 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
cali = strictest
i dont know what NV smog laws are but calis suck, no headers here, can u get away with them there legally?
Nobody can get away with headers legally for everyday daily driving. That's not just CA.

104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm yeah, in NV its not illegal to have headers as long as they still pass the emissions test, which as far as I know just means you have to have the 02 sensors and cat converter.. Does anybody know 100% if that is true? Thats just rediculous and with my love for my car I wouldnt want to be told I cant put headers on my car.. I was also thinking of AZ, maybe I should head east instead of west...

6,182 Posts
RedAutomaticTiburon said:
Umm yeah, in NV its not illegal to have headers as long as they still pass the emissions test, which as far as I know just means you have to have the 02 sensors and cat converter.. Does anybody know 100% if that is true? Thats just rediculous and with my love for my car I wouldnt want to be told I cant put headers on my car.. I was also thinking of AZ, maybe I should head east instead of west...
NV only uses the OBDII test to determine whether a vehicle passes, so that doesn't really have anything to do with the legality of having headers on the car.

104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, well if it passes smog its legal in my book... Not that it would really matter, but does CA check for performance parts like that when they smog the car? What is it cops look for? I remember seeing a video of some cops pulling over street racers in CA and looking under the hood and taking the cars and arresting the kids...

6,182 Posts
RedAutomaticTiburon said:
Ok, well if it passes smog its legal in my book... Not that it would really matter, but does CA check for performance parts like that when they smog the car? What is it cops look for? I remember seeing a video of some cops pulling over street racers in CA and looking under the hood and taking the cars and arresting the kids...
Depends on the county. I don't know about the Sacramento area. I know in San Mateo county they will pull you over if it looks like you have a modified engine and they will check for illegal performance parts under the hood. This is where the CARB stickers come into play. Some will verify and some won't. If you're that concerned about getting caught with parts that don't make your car street legal, then you could always stay in NV. Only two counties require emissions testing.

· Registered
77 Posts
I havnt spent any time in Woodland besides a couple of spots for service repair but it looks kinda boring. You could make the commute to Woodland from Sac cause the drive isn't that far. As far as illegal parts go, I was just busted back in Oct. and they said my intake and headers were illegal. I have a Ref station appointment 2morrow morning and I will hit him up with some ?'s cause someone told me that if your headers or intake don't create more smog then the stock ones then the Ref can approve them.

· Registered
77 Posts
I passed my ref inspection, my beta swap is now CA smog legal.

DreRob said:
someone told me that if your headers or intake don't create more smog then the stock ones then the Ref can approve them.
I asked the ref this and it is not true. Any aftermarket parts put on a car must be approved and wil come with a CARB sticker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.