Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well trying to finish up the assassin install, the only problem is my neo decided to take a crap on me a couple days before the install. Its stil showing voltage, and RPMS but its not showing any corrections or throttle positions. so im guessing something came loose

I have a feeling that its the throttle position wire somewhere along the way has become possibly uncrimped, and so its turned off its corrections for saftey precautions, but since the 460cc injectors are in there they are just dumping fuel and no tune means one hell of a rich running engine, like its starts and dies.

Does anybody run the NEO or safc 2 with their FI set up? Any reccommendations? will the throttle position wire cut corrections? the wiring looks fine up to the ecu but tomorrow chris is going to be tearing into it to check it out.

Any help is much appreciated. this is the only thing left with the install everything else is done.

-dave

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I do...

first of all check the wires connecting to the ECU... thats usually the most frequent problem

then check the sensors

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zaion said:
I do...

first of all check the wires connecting to the ECU... thats usually the most frequent problem

then check the sensors
thats were i feel it is also. but i did go into the sensor check and it said the throttle was at .7 or something so i wonder if its slightley getting a signal but not enough. I'll just have to wait till tomorrow until chris pulls my ECU.

Do you know if the thottle position wire would casue this problem? I know its not the actualy throttle position sensor on the car cause if it was, the car wouldnt be running right and it was running fine, just like it had no tune.( b4 the blower install)

·
Banned
642 Posts
You might have 2 wires crossed. With the key on and the car off what is your Tps, also does it responed when you press and depress the gas pedal ?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I really doubt its the wire.

Step to follow when troubleshotting electric problems:

First thing first, check the ecu and conections with the apex
Then check conections with wires on the engine.

If the problem is with throttle, thats the first place to look

If you car goes into safety precautions... it will go into limp mode and you could still drive, just not do any fuel tunning

·
Registered
456 Posts
if you want to check to see if its the throttle position wire get to the point where you depress the peddle to set where 100% WOT is at. if it reads that then there should still be signal

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
jordan23ryan said:
You might have 2 wires crossed. With the key on and the car off what is your Tps, also does it responed when you press and depress the gas pedal ?
well the wires arent crossed it was working for 6 months, just stopped working last week. it use. but no it doesnt currently respond when i push the pedal anymore. I seriously think something just joggled loose consider it was working up until last tuesday

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zaion said:
I really doubt its the wire.

Step to follow when troubleshotting electric problems:

First thing first, check the ecu and conections with the apex
Then check conections with wires on the engine.

If the problem is with throttle, thats the first place to look

If you car goes into safety precautions... it will go into limp mode and you could still drive, just not do any fuel tunning
and thats what it did, it just reverted back to 0, shutting all tuning down. and since there is no tuning the 460 injectors are wide open in closed loop

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I would solder all the connections. IMO, crimps are unreliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts