Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 tib v6 and id like to know who is tunning thier v6 with and safc1,2, or neo.
Im not quite sure, first of all on the diagram I have and also I would like to know how the tunning goes, and i know every car is different, Im running lean with my cold air intake at cruise. so any install and tune helps would be very welcome.
thankx

· Registered
362 Posts
I am 286whp Tuned by myself via wide band and SAFC-II. Car runs flaulessly. From my reading up on the neo and safc-II... I like the safc2 better. You have the ability to save 2 maps. For me, I have one for fuel economy and one for racing. As soon as i build my motor for the next stage s/c pully(s) I will be having a stage 1 map and a stage 2(or 3)map. Also it was kewl to see a before tune and after tune map. And if ur having trouble with it then ur only a few clicks away from ur first safe map. I also dont think the neo has knock detection.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
ihave SAFC2. install sucks but all tuners install suck. how do u know ur running lean? im rich with my set up just by looking at my tips i can tell

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car threw on a cel and I pulled the codes out at autozone and it said it was runnong too lean, with this cold weather the cel went off, for now? so install is tuff I can handle it, but the tunning itself makes me nervous being that I havent done it before. If Ihave a diagram from alldata.com but all the other ones Ive seen have been different, so If any one has one that I can compare mine to It would be of divine help.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It pulled the codes out from a scanner, that said it was too lean, but with this cold weather the cel isnt on? I have an ecu diagram from alldata.com but its a lil different than a couple ive seen, If anyone has a diagram for the v6, id like to compare it to mine.thankx for your help!

· Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts
trueblue said:
I have a 05 tib v6 and id like to know who is tunning thier v6 with and safc1,2, or neo.
Im not quite sure, first of all on the diagram I have and also I would like to know how the tunning goes, and i know every car is different, Im running lean with my cold air intake at cruise. so any install and tune helps would be very welcome.
thankx
Doubtful. Reset the ecu and drive normal for the drive cycles to do their thing. A cai is not going to be too much to handle.

· Registered
545 Posts
Im running a neo but don't have my wideband yet.
As some already mentioned the install is a HUGE pita especially if your big and goofy (myself)

c-man said:
Doubtful. Reset the ecu and drive normal for the drive cycles to do their thing. A cai is not going to be too much to handle.

^not true necessarily. I've got bolt-ons and ive got a big lean spot in at the beggining of 3rd gear (per a dyno sniffer)

· Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts
cai at cruise < i/h/e on dyno

It was in regards to the poster. Now if there's more mods, that would help the conclusion. But, I can only go by what was listed in the post and I'll take a stab that a lean mil code is coming up from a dirty maf, due to the cai. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.