Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved mine in the mail from 05GT (great seller by the way) and i got some questions reading the book...

Ok for "initial set up"

1. Setting the sensor type and sensor number
what is our sensor type and numbers???

2. Setting number of cylinders
ok i just select 6 for this right? not actually car seletion correct?

3. checking throttle sensor voltage
ok so i select "sensor check" from the menu and do what? just look at it? and how do i do a closed and open throttle check?

4. setting throttle sensor type
am i just picking which way the arrow goes and how do i know?

5. self learning throttle angle
ok so where do i go for this first off in the menu? this one i think i get, when throttle is closed it reads 0, then i step on the gas pedal and it will read something else correct?

6. turn off ignition
ok i got this one dont worry!

now if some1 just has all the info they can type and show please do and if this info is out there already send me the link, i did a short search.

O and does our car have knock senor and if so what do i need to do with step 7 when it says select correction revolution point?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any1? atleast just answer question one and 4!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the AFC NEO which is the same as the SAFC2. I'm also new to fuel tuning but I will try to give answers to some of your questions. There will be others who will give you more detailed answers. To start with:

1. Our sensor type is Hot Wire

2. Correct. You just select the number of cylinders.

3. I will skip that :3_wink:

4. The arrow should point towards the upper right

5. I will skip this one as well and the rest you already know.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sense we are "hot wire" what are all the sensor input andout put stuff is?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the ppl on this forum with SAFC2 and no1 can tell me a sensor number at all? help me out so i can install this thing...

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Just postin to keep track of this cause I am installing my wideband and safc2 next month.......

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the only thing im really not sure of is the sensor inut and output number...im pretty sure i can figure everything else out on my own. Thanks to Samba RedV6 for letting me know hot wire and correct direction for the arrow.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok from some post ive read while searching looks like the 05 wires are diffrent then the 03?? any1 have the 05 V6 wire diagram?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok got info that its 1 in and 1 out. So anyone got the wire diagram for 05 V6 models??? 77 views so far on this thread....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
morning bump... any1 know or has diagram for V6 GT model?

·
Registered
61 Posts
05Tib said:
all the ppl on this forum with SAFC2 and no1 can tell me a sensor number at all? help me out so i can install this thing...
It is 01 output and 01 imput. do a search on safc II 2.7 wiring diagram.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is for the 03.. ive read post on here through searching that people with 05 and 06 the wires are diffrent. Thank you though for your help. guess when i go to install ill find out if its the same or not

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and trust me ive done a search, found all kinds of wires and post and PM'd people and all. Im not just being lazy... ionly ask questions that i discover or dont find an answer too on here. Ive probably spent about at hr reading post through the search. I have this diagram and another and the DIY all printed out

·
Registered
61 Posts
its the same for 03 04 05 the only thing that changes is the colors of your ecu wires. i believe your air pressure cable is red and white insted of blue and white.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so all pins are the same and color wire are diffrent. Thank you so much for the info... I just went out and bought the Coleman Cold Touch soldering gun today and been doing some practice.. i need some smaller gauge soldering material that ill go get from Home Depot. thank you again

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i started install today and it seems only diffrence is the air pressue wire is blue/orange. the power wire looks more pink than red but thats it. all other wires are the same. I have followed the pins on the diagram so i guess tomorrow night we will see if i got it all right. I check and checked and checked again to make sure proper wires and i definitly checked the pin for the air sensor wire sense the color is diffrent but its the right pin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts