Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just received my SAFC2 today along with my ZT2. I know I cant install the ZT2 until my headers are put in but I would like to get my SAFC2 knocked out.

- I have no shops to go too that know what the hell is going on.
- I have no instruction manual.
- I SEARCHED but all the pics were x's and there are no DIYs, just people that had issues.

If someone could please help me by giving me a simple walkthrough or linking me to one or even linking me to a PDF manual it would be greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
yep thats the diagram. i believe only diffrence i had in my 05 was the wire color for AFS wire. Just pay attention to the pin numbers and harness numbers. U can see pin numbers if u look at the spot where each harness plugs into the ECU. as for the DIY its under the stick for URL to DIY's. All you really do is pop out the glove box, undo a wire harness going around the fan house, unbolt the ECU and unplug and go at it

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet theres the diagram I've been looking for!, now when you DYNO it they should be able to tune it w/ the s-afc II correct?, I never been to a DYNO shop none close by here!
Yeah or you can get a wideband and do it yourself. No dynos here so I had to get the ZT2 from Zeitronix as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a 04 and when i installed my afc neo it was damn near impossible to follow the wires by pin. i had to go by color and the general area of the pin because the harness has that wierd cap over the wires that the lever goes up and down on. id rather do headers than another afc install.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i would say neck and neck headers vs safc II... both sucked really bad. i managed to use to wire diagram to my advantage. Just figure out ur connector numbers and remember pin locations. Most all wires are the same color between the 03-04 and 05-06

·
Registered
47 Posts
i would say neck and neck headers vs safc II... both sucked really bad. i managed to use to wire diagram to my advantage. Just figure out ur connector numbers and remember pin locations. Most all wires are the same color between the 03-04 and 05-06
yeah both did suck but headers was more fun....
as for the wire diagram all i really used it for was to find out what color i was looking for. what i did was find the pin on the front of the harness just to see what row the wire was in and then looked for the wire color in that row. worked out fine.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
not sure where the DIY went that i used. I think it was for mafterburner. All i needed was to get to the ECU and the rest u use the diagram for

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i got that one, the other one where it shows the screws for the glove box and the harness to unplug and unscrew and all that. helped alot for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.