Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically i just need to know if it is safe to run the car without the MAF sensor plugged in. Ive been having problems for a while now and i just couldnt seem to figure it out. Today i cleaned it again and one of the little gates was broken off. i unplugged and drove the car for a couple miles and it ran like a dream. once its plugged back in it misfires all day and backfires like crazy.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Go to napa and buy a reman one. They have a lifetime warranty and half the price of oem.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
will it even start without it hooked up? yeah i'm going to suggest you don't but if you do, your ecu will think its malfunctioning and dump fuel in so you can limp to the dealer to get it fixed. so only use it if its absolutely necessary...
As it says in the O.P. the car will run without the MAF... It just won't go into closed loop, the PCM is smart enough to see that it actually isn't there.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so the car ran good for a while w/o the MAF but started bogging down so i popped in the plug and it still is givin me a problem.

does anyone have any suggestions where to get a good one locally cuz my car is my DD. i will take a ride to napa tomorrow

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same thing was happening to my car< its probably misfiring go to hyundai and they will fix it under warranty

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
you will have very poor gas mileage and a CEL without one (obviously). The car keeps you in open loop all the time and runs off the fuel maps. It might even put you in limp mode... not sure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i think it will they gave me a hard time when mine got ****ed up i have the stock airbox if anything we can swap it out quick if its covered mine wasnt though

·
Registered
246 Posts
I/h/e stg IVmanifolds

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
the hyundia dealer in wallingford/meriden is the sh1t fixed my alternator even tho the battery was in the trunk =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts