Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the safest boost to run with stock internals. say i was looking to push like six on the stock motor. am i going to kill the life of my engine? still owe a bunch on the car and i dont want to be blowing a rod through the block or something. thanks

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
search, search and then after that more search. Its been discussed MANY times. Safe is a relative term and really depends on your tuning skill and what sort of tuning method. With a bad tune she'll blow at 1psi, with a good tune you can run upwards of 18 psi safely.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
dmdicks, just for my reference, what does 18psi equate to roughly on the i4 in whp? I realized i didn't know that trivial fact that other day...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
search, search and then after that more search. Its been discussed MANY times. Safe is a relative term and really depends on your tuning skill and what sort of tuning method. With a bad tune she'll blow at 1psi, with a good tune you can run upwards of 18 psi safely.
new tiburon should buy you a pager dmdicks. That way when a thread like this pops up you get a page, and you can answer it, because you dont cut the person down, you give them a good answer and a solution for how to research it. Good job

·
Registered
514 Posts
couldnt say it better myself

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I would say with a spot on tune a 100% bonestock Beta2 could do 350whp, with just a good tune 300-320whp should be easy. The key is in the tuning device and tuner using said device.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
new tiburon should buy you a pager dmdicks. That way when a thread like this pops up you get a page, and you can answer it, because you dont cut the person down, you give them a good answer and a solution for how to research it. Good job
+1. one of the most helpful here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts