Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what do I mean.

When you PM someone or they PM you, I find it better to keep the original text in the reply. New text (a reply) can be added to the top of the existing text and then sent.
When it gets read, the original text is there with who sent it as well as the reply so it keeps it easier to keep track of a conversation since everything is still there.
Since it's all there, you can delete old PM's (sent or received) to free up space. For most, there is a limited amount of TOTAL PM's YOU CAN SAVE!

Keep in mind, if a conversation gets really long, there is also a limit to the total amount of text in one PM whether it's new text or old text.

If you don't do many texts, or they are quick then this thread is not for you.

On the other hand, some people (like me) may have a conversation that goes back and forth many times.
If text is not kept together, then I/you have to save old PM's and then go back and review what was written in both sent and received rather than just scrolling down a single PM.

Food for thought.

:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this since I have recently had "conversations" via PM where it is just a reply, no earlier PM's were included, so takes up space when I could delete send/receive texts and not run up to my limit.

Just saying.........>:D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I always bottom reply though, so it reads normally, top to bottom.

·
Super Moderator
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always bottom reply though, so it reads normally, top to bottom.
Well, good!:grin2:
Not all do this.

Makes it a PITA for me as I'm dealing with multiple forums and may have to backtrack through old PM's to follow a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts