Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new to the forums and have started looking at cars since i will be turning 16 soon. The Tib has really caught my eye, and i was wondering what was the max HP/torque you could safely get out of a V6 SE Tib.
thanks

· Registered
938 Posts
Assume you mean on a stock block and internals?

· Registered
938 Posts
In a V6...from what I can gather, you should be able to get up to round 300-325whp. But remember, when you do that you have to upgrade your clutch, flywheel, suspension, brakes, etc. (or atleast you should) and you are looking at a pretty penny. Supercharger, all additional boltons (exhaust/intake etc). My Guestimation would be in the range of 5-8G depending on what you did besides a supercharger and basic boltons...maybe more.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Your 16, you don't need to know the max hp it can handle. I'd say about 250whp is the most reliable number. Anymore than that and you have to start spending real money, not that 5k isn't alot. Turbo is powered by exhaust gases and supercharger is belt driven. S/C have parasitic loss due to the fact that its belt driven. S/C provides instant boost whereas turbochargers require spoolup time to build boost. And lastly Turbo's are the sh!t,lol

· Registered
938 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
Your 16, you don't need to know the max hp it can handle. I'd say about 250whp is the most reliable number. Anymore than that and you have to start spending real money, not that 5k isn't alot
Im with him on this one.

· Registered
938 Posts
JustChris said:
I don tknow if this sounds noobish, but what's the difference between a Supercharger and a Turbo?>
Try searching. There will be enough threads on superchargers and turbos to keep you reading till this time tomorrow.

· EL NINJA MODERADOR
8,737 Posts
JustChris said:
Hey guys, im new to the forums and have started looking at cars since i will be turning 16 soon. The Tib has really caught my eye, and i was wondering what was the max HP/torque you could safely get out of a V6 SE Tib.
thanks
Welcome and now search!

· Registered
6,642 Posts
On a side note, if your looking for max power. Most of the guy's making big power are running the 4 banger with a big fat turbo. its got a cast iron block vs the v6's aluminum block and that makes it a little easyer/cheeper to build. they're also cheeper and a tiny bit lighter right of the lot so they'res more $$$ left over for mod's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.