Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need information about this product, I whant to buy it and their webpage says a lot of good stuff about it but, can't belive everything you hear right? so if anyone has one please tell me what you think of it. because i was thinking about putting it in my 2006 v6 gs-r instead of the kdm multigauge. Im leaving the address and a picture here so that you check it if you haven't seen it. thanks !
http://www.scangauge.com/

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
For $169.99USD, you're just as well to get a set of multigauges.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gamz said:
For $169.99USD, you're just as well to get a set of multigauges.
the thing with the multigauges is that they're a ***** to install and this one I can use in all of my cars, plus the multiguages don't do this much work. but thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Yes it works and it works well. It is a OBDII scanner plus more. It does TONS more than the multi-gauges ever would.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one and same as was said it has a ton of gauges and installs in like 10 seconds try to install one gauge in the time! I usally have up intake air temp, water temp, MPG, and MPH but you can switch through them easily.
Plus the trip-meter and scan functions are built in so if you throw a code you can check/clear it on your own, don't have to buy a seperate scan tool. For the price it's a heckava deal but don't sweat it I'll see if I can setup a group buy with the admin here if there is interest!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
365motorwerks said:
I have one and same as was said it has a ton of gauges and installs in like 10 seconds try to install one gauge in the time! I usally have up intake air temp, water temp, MPG, and MPH but you can switch through them easily.
Plus the trip-meter and scan functions are built in so if you throw a code you can check/clear it on your own, don't have to buy a seperate scan tool. For the price it's a heckava deal but don't sweat it I'll see if I can setup a group buy with the admin here if there is interest!
great idea!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
im kinda interested in this now, does someone actually have one on thier tib?cause its not listed on the compatibilty charts..also where does this hook up?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i wanna see a picture of it working

·
Registered
188 Posts
a gb sounds like a good idea, with the codes i constantly throw this could be a good tool

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have interest in this... keep me updated. If there is a gb pm me!

They are going for 145.00 - shipped on Ebay right now. Will the gb be cheaper?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
365motorwerks said:
I want one. I'm definitely in for a GB if you can set one up. Put me on the list. :3_nosthum

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I have one on my 04 Tib. I also have accessory oil pressure and ammeter guages, but the Scan Gauge 2 provides all kinds of readouts plus a trip monitor, distance to empty, reads and can reset CEL codes, etc. It just plugs into the OBDII port under the dash where the fuses are, and you mount the display wherever you want with velcro, which they provide, too. I think it's well worth the money. Sorry I couldn't wait for a GB.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmmm...I think I might purchase one of these this week...that looks very intresting...but where to mount it...

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's worth it for the ECU scanner itself. If it does half the other stuff it's worth it. That's much cheaper than a set of gauges.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
For sure, that seems like a fantastic piece of equipment for the price. My only question is when its installed, is there enough clearance to keep the plastic piece covering the fuses and OBDII port on?

DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN A GB!

·
Registered
514 Posts
openthewell said:
For sure, that seems like a fantastic piece of equipment for the price. My only question is when its installed, is there enough clearance to keep the plastic piece covering the fuses and OBDII port on?

DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN A GB!
I had to scan today and I looked to see. There is not enough clearance to close the cover...but it doesnt seem too much more then a 5-10 min job to flip the OBDII port over so it can stay pluged in.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts