Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread on here about the first version of scanguage.

Just wondered if anybody on here has one of these Scanguage II's: http://www.scangauge.com/features/tripcomputer.shtml

Looks promising.....possibly a better option than the sharkracing one. This one will clear a CEL too.

Any ideas on install locations?

-J

·
Registered
735 Posts
Spitzer said:
I saw a thread on here about the first version of scanguage.

Just wondered if anybody on here has one of these Scanguage II's: http://www.scangauge.com/features/tripcomputer.shtml

Looks promising.....possibly a better option than the sharkracing one. This one will clear a CEL too.

Any ideas on install locations?

-J
There is another thread on this and a guy from 365motorwerks.com is talking in it. He has an account here. That site is Scion based but he gets these little devices and wanted to start a group buy of them here on NT. I spoke with him back and forth for a little bit, but apparently the NT Mods/Admin, whichever, never really got back to him on the GB thing.

These sound like a nifty little device and with that price of 160.00 you couldn't go wrong. I am going to buy one surely. But, I would like to see it here in the GB forum. I think it would be a good go.

So, Admin/Mods. Think one of you could hunt this guy down and inquire about that GB deal? I would be in on it and I am sure a lot of other people would be in on it too. I think the guys name is actually 365Motorwerks here on the boards.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have one in the mail.

I think right under the drivers side air vent is going to be a perfect place to mount it.

As it's already been said, $160 for something that will clear codes is worth it and if it does everything else they claim it's a steal.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MC412 said:
I have one in the mail.

I think right under the drivers side air vent is going to be a perfect place to mount it.

As it's already been said, $160 for something that will clear codes is worth it and if it does everything else they claim it's a steal.
dude if all you needed was something to clear codes they make code readers for about 35 bucks . and all that other stuff really isnt needed . but thats just me .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Holy crap, I ordered my Scanguage from the official site on Monday and it was waiting for me when I got home today on Thursday! I'm not going to have a chance to play with it tonight due to all the snow but I'll let you guys know how it is.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
michaud_time said:
Post some pix and right a review!!!
Yes, please please please! I was gunna order the SR scanner but if this one clears codes (and has blue backlight to match my interior) then Im gunna get it.

It is just suck an odd size to mount anywhere. Does it come with any mounting hardware or are you on your own with it?

Also, is it only MPH or is it user-selectable to KPH?

Oh, so many questions :3_frusty:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Spitzer said:
Yes, please please please! I was gunna order the SR scanner but if this one clears codes (and has blue backlight to match my interior) then Im gunna get it.

It is just suck an odd size to mount anywhere. Does it come with any mounting hardware or are you on your own with it?

Also, is it only MPH or is it user-selectable to KPH?

Oh, so many questions :3_frusty:
I have one and am installing it this weekend. You can set the background color and designate units of measure, like KPH or MPH, gallons or litres, etc. Mounting consists of velcro tape, which comes with it. It is small and very light. Put it wherever you want, but they recommend that if you put on top of the dash you protect it from excessive sun. Over or under the driver's side vent looks like a good spot to me, or maybe on top of the steering column, although that would block some of the idiot lights.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dctibby said:
I have one and am installing it this weekend. You can set the background color and designate units of measure, like KPH or MPH, gallons or litres, etc. Mounting consists of velcro tape, which comes with it. It is small and very light. Put it wherever you want, but they recommend that if you put on top of the dash you protect it from excessive sun. Over or under the driver's side vent looks like a good spot to me, or maybe on top of the steering column, although that would block some of the idiot lights.
Thanks so much for your reply. Im ordering one RIGHT NOW!

I was worried that you couldnt select units of measure. I couldnt find any info on that feature on the website.

I think this is a much better alternative to the SR one then. :3_chubby:

·
Registered
267 Posts
mine is right behind the steering column, my background is blue but cant see cause of the daylight
my first DIY lol
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
michaud_time said:
Looks good but take a razor blad and clean up your cuts!!!!!!
^+1 But that does look pretty good. Im probably going to mount mine in-dash, or at least try.

The company ships out super fast, I ordered and payed at 11:15am this morning and it shipped out at 1:15pm.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I didn't realize the OBDII plug stuck out so far that you have to cut the cover panel. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just leave the cover off when it is connected.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dctibby said:
I didn't realize the OBDII plug stuck out so far that you have to cut the cover panel. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just leave the cover off when it is connected.
So you're only going to connect it sometimes? Kinda defeats the purpose of monitoring things constantly, doncha think?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Anybody used it to clear a code yet? I have a CEL and it gives me code P000) but when I go to clear it a blank screen comes up for a few minutes, then I loose patience.

Everything else I've tried works great! It's very easy to use. One of the present background colors match the stock gauges exactly. The hardest part is finding a place to mount it.

BTW, we need someone to fab a new cover that allows you to connect this and not have to drive around with your fuse box open.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MC412 said:
Anybody used it to clear a code yet? I have a CEL and it gives me code P000) but when I go to clear it a blank screen comes up for a few minutes, then I loose patience.

Everything else I've tried works great! It's very easy to use. One of the present background colors match the stock gauges exactly. The hardest part is finding a place to mount it.

BTW, we need someone to fab a new cover that allows you to connect this and not have to drive around with your fuse box open.
im gunna work on making a better cover. Probably epoxy a black cube over where the plug sticks out.

Interested if anyone is able to clear a code with this....

·
Registered
259 Posts
mtdewguy, did you attach yours with the velcro straps? I'm trying to decide where to mount mine. Is it sturdy there? I was going to run the wire up through the dash and out of the gap in the steering column but it seems a little too fat.

Then I was going to mount it right above the driver's side air vent and run the wire out of the cover on the side of the dash but the Scangauge could really use a connector on the left side of the unit. It looks stupid having the wire looped around it and going in the right side.

Then I was going to mount it directly above the fuse box since it seems that it fits there perfectly and covers up the opening when you have the cover off but obviously it makes it difficult to see.

I think I'm going to end up mounting it somewhere on top of the dash.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Spitzer said:
So you're only going to connect it sometimes? Kinda defeats the purpose of monitoring things constantly, doncha think?
No, I meant if I do disconnect it, like to put it temporarily on another car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts